PROLOUGE

//PROLOUGE//

The light shines through the tall green pine trees that shadowed the bark and dead leave covered dirt forest floor.the smell of the forest filled my nose as I inhaled the warm summer breeze.One thing was for sure, those air fresheners that claim to be the smell of 'proper freshly cut pine' they sell in the supermarket and in the corner shop that,that ancient Asian old lady down the street owns, fragrance definitely isn't as authentic and genuine as they claim to be.

My golden-brown hair flows back as the breeze comes again.the branches containing the pine leaves and the sunset-orange leaves belonging to the small dwarf trees that were scattered around the forests but were rarely seen much larger than just under the height of a middle aged pine tree rustled in the wind.

The dead leaves from the tall but skinny trees which I personally like to call 'slender trees' flew past the cut pine log that I was sitting on, one catching on my dull worn scratchy orche red coloured converse; they are my favorite pair I got them from my dad halfway through last year as a 13th birthday present.

Not many people ever come through here many kids are too afraid and say that there's 'monsters' in these wood but really there nothing but trees and and animals.Honestly I prefer these woods than home.i take my guitar out here some times and play it or I bring I lighter and try and build a campfire when I come out here at night, but I only do that sometimes because my mum gets worried about me.But I come here whenever I have the chance.

I haven't really made many friends even though I'm already starting my second year in high-school. I have Skylar though, we've been friends for a while and she's pretty nice and all.But I don't enjoy school it's boring.

Something hits my back.A large pine cone falls to the ground and keeps rolling until it stops by my shoe.it probably fell off one of the trees.

A rock flys past my head and hits the middle of one of the trees.Someone's here but that's rare and they should bloody stop throwing rocks it might hit me.

I here rustling from the trees around 4 or 5 meters behind me.then I here a loud thump and and a yell.I head towards where it was coming from but I hear someone running towards me.

The next thing I see is the dead leave covered forest floor right next to my face.I glare up at what seems to be a boy not much older than me.he stares right at me."can you please off of me" I grumble not impressed with my golden brown hair cogent at least a quarter of my face.

He gets up not saying a word and sits on the ground next to me cradling his arm in one hand.i carefully study his warm blue eyes.they are a nice colour, like the welcoming blue sky.

"I would've preferred not being bowled over" I grumble picking the leaves out of my hair."I'm sorry you got I'm my way" he shrugs his shoulders carelessly.asshole is the first word that comes to mind."me get in your way? Are you actually serious?" I say slightly irritated."fine whatever he says getting up at his own pace,he reaches out his hand leaving his damaged arm hanging to the side.i take his hand and he pulls me up "thanks"I mumble under my breath, slightly embarrassed for accepting his help.

"Where exactly did you come from anyway?" I ask being a bit more nice but still stubborn."we'll I was up in a tree a couple of meters back from here shooting rocks from my sling shot when I fell and accidentally bumped into you"he explained.he still nurses his arm as if he's hurt it but what can you expect when falling from a tree.even though I'm still pissed off about him knocking me over I'm kind of concerned, we'll I just can't leave someone hurt when they need help.

I lift up his hoodie sleeve. "Hey what are you doing?" He says pulling my hand away and pushing his sleeve back down.he had a large wound on his arm bleeding heavily.I don't even know how it couldn't have leaked through his sleeve yet.

I fish around in my pocket for the bandages and roll of tape I bring when I'm out here.I bring them for emergencies since I've hurt myself out here more times than I can count.Im lucky my body isn't covered form head-to-toe with scars and band aids.

"Here, your arms hurt" I say pulling up his sleeve once again."but I'm fine" he says and let's out a big sigh, but let's me continue on.

He patiently watches me as I carefully wrap a bandage around the part of his arm with the massive wound. I make sure to put pressure on it.i seal it of with some of that heavy duty white tape and he pushes his sleeve down.

"By the way the names luke"he says."Tegan" I try to say politely.

"Anyway, I've got to go. I might see you around...Tegan"he says.And with that, he runs back into the forest going the direction in which he came from.

i watch him as his feet send some of the leaves flying up into the air.And then he disappears.

And that was how it all started.the explanation to this.

The explanation to luke...