Nineteen: Spinning

"I am so full," I say as I lower my fork onto the plate between me and Harry. I take a small sip of water. "You can eat the rest if you want."

"Oh, I want," he says as he shoves the last remaining cheesecake into his mouth.

"That was one of the best cookie dough cheesecakes I have ever eaten."

"You can say that again. I didn't have too many expectations for this place, but I'm glad we came here."

The waiter brings our check. "Enjoy the rest of your evening." He takes the empty plates.

"Thank you," I smile.

"Thanks." Harry grabs the check.

"We can split it," I offer.

He vehemently shakes his head. "Uh-uh. I'm paying."

"Really, it's no big deal."

"What's the point of making money if I can't spend it? Especially on my girlfriend."

I smile.

"What?" he asks.

"It's the first time you referred to me as your girlfriend."

"Is it weird?"

"Not at all." I reach over and take his hand. "I like it."

"I'm glad." He pulls out a handful of bulls, counts them, and places them in the check booklet. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

"Back home?" I ask, sliding out of my seat.

"Do you have a curfew?"

"Not really."

"Then let's go for a walk."

We both stroll down the the street, past various shops and restaurants. One of them sells ice cream and if I wasn't so full I would have definitely asked Harry to go in there with me. I stop at a window displaying different types of knick knacks and toys before looking over my shoulder moving on.

"I'm worried," I say as I walk in step next to him.

"About what?" he asks, even though he probably already knows the answer.

"Logan. I feel like I'm getting paranoid and I don't like that. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder at school or at work. Even now I can't help but think that someone is watching us."

"Well, technically somebody is."

I turn to look up at him. "What?"

"I have two of my guys making sure our night isn't being ruined."

"Did you force them to babysit?"

"It's not babysitting and no, I didn't force them. They are being compensated for their time. Do they make you feel better?"

I nod. "Well, yeah a bit. But the fact that they have to be around..."

He sighs, squeezing my hand. "I know."

We continue to walk in silence until we reach a park and take a seat on one of the benches under a lamp. The park overall is surprisingly well lit. I can see a few other people here.

"I like the smell of grass," Harry tells me unexpectedly.

My eyebrows jump in surprise, both at him choosing to offer up information and the personal tidbit. "Really?"

"Yeah, there's just something about it. Makes me think of playing with my friends as a kid and having barbecues."

I lean my head against his shoulder. "I like the smell just before it rains."