Twenty-Five: Wake Up

"What-what do you mean?" Harry asks. He seems taken aback by my tone. I would be too after all we have been through so far. "Do you not want to be with me?"

I adamantly shake my head. "No, no that's not it. I just—" How am I supposed to tell him that I have come to hate what he does? I hate the amount of danger it puts him in. That it puts me in. I never thought it could get this bad, but it isn't my place to tell him not to do something, and what makes me think that he would even want to stop. I am scared that if I make him choose he will drop me and ultimately prefer the drugs. That is what makes him money, not me.

I can see that he is taking my prolonged silence as a bad sign for things to come. "I just wanted to know if we were going to go fully public now," I make up on the spot, though I actually do want to know.

He breathes a sigh of relief and smiles. "Of course we are, baby. All our problems are gone."

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

"So are you going to introduce me to your parents?" he asks unexpectedly.

"Now?" I question.

"Might as well since I'm here."

"Oh, okay. Yes, let's do it. Let me get ready first. I look like trash."

"No, you don't."

"Umm, have you seen me."

"I have had the privilege of doing so, yes," he grins.

"God, you're so cute."

He shrugs. "I don't know about cute. Hot, maybe. Irresistible, definitely."

I kiss him before going to pick my outfit. "All of the above. Now, get out while I change."

His slightly drops open. "What? Why?"

"Because I know you can't restrain yourself from all of this," I jokingly gesture to my body. In reality, I don't want him to see the actual toll last night had on me.

"How about I lay on your bed and close my eyes?" he offers.

"Suit yourself," I relent. I grab a blue long sleeve off a hanger and a pair of black leggings. After making sure that Harry isn't looking, I pull off my current top over my head.

"Y/N," Harry simply breathes.

I don't have to turn around to see that he is sitting upright, eyes trained on my body.

"I know," I reply, quickly putting on my shirt. "Like I said, it doesn't hurt that much."

"I don't believe that," he says. "Fuck, I'm sorry you got into this."

"Let's not talk about it," I tell him. Because then I wouldn't stop. I slip into my leggings while Harry comes to hug my form from behind.

He sweeps my hair to the side and presses a tender kiss where my neck meets my shoulder. A pleasurable shudder runs through my body as I struggle to keep my eyes open.

Harry chuckles. "I'm guessing you liked that."

I smile even though he can't see me and nod. "So, how have you managed to not have sex? I assume you have had many opportunities."

"You really want to talk about that now?" he groans.

"It will keep my mind off of what happened," I inform him as I turn around.

"I suppose." He bites his lip. "I never had sex because it just never seemed like something I had to do. I know many guys can't wait to do it, but that wasn't really me. I restrained myself because I wanted to do it with someone I knew for more than a night or two. That's not to say it wasn't difficult. It was very difficult," he concedes. "I came close to doing it a few times." He looks deeply into my eyes. "Something always held me back."

"Me?"

"I was still trying to get the courage to make a move and I didn't want to hinder the ability of you liking me with a long list of girls I slept with. I know it can drive people mad."

"Does it drive you mad that I have slept with someone?" I ask him.

"A little," he admits. "I want to be the only one who knows your body that way. But it was before my time."

"Well, it wasn't that great if I am being completely honest."

His eyes light up a little. "Oh, really?"

"You don't have to look so giddy about it."

"That means you're going to have the best sex of your life," he winks.

"For all I know, you can be complete shit at it," I point out.

"I wouldn't bet on it," he says mischievously.

"I, on the other hand, will make sure your first time is special."

"Isn't that normally the guy's responsibility?" he asks.

"Does anything we do seem normal?"

"True. I still think it's weird."

I wave him away. "Whatever. You can't stop me. I'll do the whole shebang. Red roses. Candles. Chocolates. You name it."

He shoots me a pointed look. "Please tell me you are kidding."

I laugh. "Yes, I am."

He leans over me. "Why can't we just do it right now?"

"Now?"

"I'd be more than fine with that," he shrugs. "Trust me."

"Oh, I have no doubts about that." I push him back. "But I don't think it's the appropriate time and place. Besides, I want to go see Niall."

"When?"

"Right now." I take a hold of his hand. "Let's go."

"Don't forget you're introducing me to your parents."

I blow out a breath. "Right."

Downstairs, I stand in front of my parents in the kitchen, clearing my throat for them to turn around.

"I just wanted to introduce Harry to you guys. We have sort of started dating."

My mother's eyebrows raise. "Sort of dating?"

I give her an awkward smile. "Yeah."

"If that's fine with you," Harry adds.

My dad squints suspiciously at Harry. I try to see him through their eyes. Long brown hair. Black jeans and a black shirt. No leather jacket today, but his tattoos are slightly visible. Oh, boy.

"What's with the tattoos?" my dad asks bluntly.

I almost choke on my spit. "Dad!" I exclaim.

"No, it's fine," Harry says.

"No, it isn't. Dad, that's so rude." I turn to my mom with pleading eyes.

She takes the hint, slightly smacking my dad's midsection. "Yes, that's rude. Let them be."

"It was just a question," dad says.

"Look, we need to go see Niall for the project. Is it okay if I go?" I ask.

"How are you getting there?"

"I have a car," Harry informs them.

"Now is this an actual car or a motorcycle?" my dad continues.

I resist the urge to facepalm. "An actual car dad."

"Don't come back too late. You're still in trouble," my mom reminds me.

"How can I forget?"

* * * * * * * * * *
Wow, I did not think the story was going to be this long, but I guess that's where we're going. Make sure to vote so I know I'm doing something right.