The Link Between Love Chapter 1

My first day at high school, I think to myself, carrying my backpack full of books, pencils, a sketchbook, erasers, and other school items, into Linkman High School. When I get to my locker, a few boys walk over to me.

"Look who we got here, boys! A little scrawny girl who doesn't belong in high school!" One of the boys says, grabbing my backpack, opening it, and grabbing my sketchbook.

He opens the sketchbook and sees that I've drawn a lot of anime wolves and ponies.

"Well, it looks like she is a little girl for wanting to draw little ponies and wolves," He says, laughing.

He and his gang start to tear my drawings out of the book, ripping them in half. The drawings each took a whole day, with a few breaks, to finish them, and I had drew 50 of them. I started to scream at them when they grab my most precious stuffed cat that was from my grandmother long ago before she passed away. One of them ripped the cat's stomach, while the others started to punch and kick me, making me fall to the floor.

Then, a young boy, with brown hair, blue shirt, blue jeans, and tennis-shoes on, darted at them, and started to take them out one by one until they were all to the floor.

The principle came and took them into his office and closed his door.

I was laying on the floor, brused, and crying, when the young man that had saved me walked up to me, and offered me his hand. I accepted it and he helped me up.

I just realized that my hands were on his chest when he looked down. I get startled and pulled my arms back.

"Are you okay?" The young boy asks.

"I-I..Uh," I start but can't get the words out.

"It's okay..Anyways, hi, I'm Danny," He introduces himself, holding out his hand for a handshake.

"H-hi. I'm Michelle," I say, accepting his handshake, and starting to blush.

"Michelle, huh?" He tries the name. "That's a cool name."

"Thanks." I say, looking down at the mess.

My eyes started to tear up when I saw all my pictures that I worked so hard on the floor along with my stuffed cat. I didn't realize I had let the tears go down when I fell to my knees in greif.

Danny had knelt down next to me and had put his arm around me. He grabs one of the halves of a picture and looks at the anime wolf head, amazed.

"Wow. This looks spectacular!" He exclaims, looking at me, trying to cheer me up, but then he sees that I wasn't quite in the mood.

I look at him and gives him a small smile. I then, look at my stuffed cat and I start to get up. Danny sees what I am looking at and gets up as well.

I had picked up the cat when Danny reached me and he puts a hand on my shoulder and giving it a slight squeeze, physically saying 'I'm sorry'.

"T-this was a special gift to me from my grandmother...She gave it to me before she died, so I took this with me so I can remember her, and I treasured it for as long as I can remember," I say, looking in Danny's eyes with tears.

"I can tell that it's a special thing in your life," He says, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"It is," I say, looking at the rip.

"Do you have anything for sewing?" He asks.

"Yeah, why?" I answer, with curious eyes.

"No reason. Can I use them real quick?" He asks.