The Link Between Love Chapter 2

He then, puts his hand on my cheek, and I don't realize it until he takes his hand off. We start to walk to the high school, until a cloaked man appears out of nowhere.

I jump back, startled at the sight of the man. The man sees my fear and starts to bring me toward him with a lasso that had came out of nowhere. I try to reach for Danny's arm when he tried to grab me.

"Ughh!" Danny calls.

The cloaked man grabs me and hits me in the head with a big stick, knocking me out.

"MICHELLE!" Danny yells, angry at the cloaked man. "LET HER GO YOU MONSTER!"

He tries to attack Danny, but Danny dodges and hits the man, making him release me. I fall to the floor, knocked out and weak.

The cloaked man flees from the fight, realizing that Danny was really powerful.

Danny runs up to me, kneels down, and lifts my head up.

"M-Michelle? Are you okay? Please, wake up," He says, a little scared.

I slowly open my eyes, filling Danny with relief.

"Wh-what happened?" I ask, confused.

"It doesn't matter. For now, we need to get you to the nurse," He answers, putting his free hand on my cheek.

He lifts me up and starts to carry me to the high school, making sure my head is lifted. He puts my head into his chest like he did when he was trying to calm me down. I snuggle into his chest and I feel safe.

"Shh...It's going to be alright. I'll protect you," He whispers to me, as he kissed the top of my head.

He takes me into the nurse's office and walks up to the counter. The head nurse looks up, stands up, and sees that I've been beaten up a little bit.

"What happened to her?" She asks.

"She was...Erm...In a fight," Danny answers, trying to not tell the nurse about the cloaked man.

The nurse places me in a bed and starts to inspect my wounds.

"A few bruses...A scratch...A cut, and...A rope burn...How did she get a rope burn?" She asks.

"I'm not sure," Danny lies.

"Okay. Well, she's going to be fine. Just make sure she doesn't get into anymore fights," The nurse says, putting me on my feet.

"Okay. I will," Danny says, putting his arm around me.

We walk out of the office together, with our arms around each other.

"What classes do you have?" He asks me, looking at me as he speaks.

"Math, science, history, and gym," I answer, looking back at him.

"I have math, history, and chemistry," He says.

My legs start feeling tired, so I lean on him for support. He looks down at me and smiles, obvious that he cares for me. We both walk to math class. Danny opens the door for me and helps me in my chair, and sits next to me.

The class ends and we all grab our books, notebooks, pencils, and erasers, and puts them in our backpacks. We all rush out of class and goes to our next class.

After each class, Danny and I meet at his locker.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me, grabbing my hand.

"A bit better," I answer, looking into his caring eyes.

The school's bell rings, telling us that school is out for the day.