The Link Between Love Chapter 5

We arrive at the hospital. The paramedics hurry me into the building. Danny is following behind them and running on the side of the stretcher until they reach the area where non-doctors aren't allowed.

They pull me into a room and place me on one of the hospital beds. They call for a available doctor to come to my room.

A doctor comes in, but I don't know it's my dad, because I'm in a coma...The doctor gasps at who he sees on the hospital bed.

"MICHELLE!" Dad says, running to the side, and touching my face.

One of the nurses walks in.

"Sir, she probably can't hear you. She's in a coma," The nurse says.

"Is Danny here?" He asks.

"Yes. He's in the waiting room," She answers.

"Send him in, please," Dad says.

"Yes sir," The nurse says.

She walks into the waiting room and looks at Danny.

"Danny, the doctor wants to see you," She says.

"O-okay," Dannys says, getting up and following the nurse.

When they get in the room, Danny recognizes the doctor.

"M-Michelle's dad? You're the doctor?" Danny asks in shock.

"Yes," Dad answers.

Dad looks back at me. He frowns sadly.

"H-how did this happen?" Dad asks Danny, still looking at me.

"All I know is, that I heard a gun shot, an--" Danny starts to say, but dad inturrupts him.

"A gun shot?" Dad asks.

"Yes. Anyways, I heard her scream. I ran outside and saw her sitting on the floor, clenching her side, and was in pain," Danny says.

"W-who did this?" Dad asks.

"I-I have no idea," Danny answers, walking up to the hospital bed on the left side.

He puts his hand on mine.

"Come on, Michelle. Wake up, please," Danny whispers.

"I'll let you guys be alone for a little while. Call me if you need anything," Dad says, walking to the door.

"Okay. Thanks, and, I will," Danny says, looking up at him.

Dad walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Danny moves closer up to me and puts his face in front of mine. He puts his nose on mine. He kisses me for about 5 seconds and sits back in his chair.

The doctors let visitors come in to the room. Daniel, Berry, Sally, Daniel's mom, Alex, and Hans, comes in the room.

"How's she?" Sally asks, walking up to Danny.

"Still the same," Danny answers.

Danny sighs and picks my hand up.

"T-this is all my fault...I should of never invited them over if I would've known this would happen," Berry says.

"Berry, it's not your fault. It's mine for leaving her alone outside when I went to go grab my coat and keys," Danny says, looking over at him.

"It's not anybody's fault," Daniel says. "If it were someone's fault, it would've been mine."

"Daniel, like you said. It's not anybody's fault," Daniel's mom says.

Everyone--except Danny--tries not to laugh.

"Sorry," She says, realising it's not the time to try to make jokes.

Dad comes back in to check on me. He lifts open one of my eyelids and does the same with the other one, checking to see if there was any change.

"Still the same," He says, sighing.

Tears form in Danny's eyes, but he doesn't bother wiping them. The tears just roll down his cheeks.

"I-I have to go home...I-I'll be back tomorrow to check on her," Danny says, standing up and walking out of the door.

Everyone gets worried about Danny, because he's sad.

"I think we should try to help him," Sally suggests.

"Same," Daniel agrees, nodding.

"Then come on, let's go back to Daniel's house and try to figure out who shot her," Berry says, getting out of his chair.

"See you later mom," Daniel says, giving his mom a quick hug.

They all run back to Daniel's house and into his room. They grab a book and go to the computer.

Danny is back at his house, looking at a picture of me and him together.

Wow...How lucky am I to have a picture of me and my girl together, He thinks to himself, looking at the picture, but mostly at me.

He puts the picture down and turns on the T.V. He turns it on the news. 'There was a shooting at this location.' The news reporter says, while having a picture of my house in the camera.

"How'd the shooting news get to the news network so fast?" Danny asks himself.

He turns the T.V off and sets the remote down. His phone rings. He answers it, putting it up to his ear.

"Hello, Danny speaking," He says. "Hello doctor. How's Michelle? Oh, she changed a bit? Did she wake up yet? Oh...Okay. Thanks for letting me know. Bye."

He hangs up and puts his phone away. He gets up and heads to bed.

He wakes up the next morning.

He puts his clothes on and heads downstairs. He gets some breakfast.

Then, he goes back upstairs and brushes his teeth. He combs his hair and goes back downstairs.

Up and down. Up and down. Same process over and over...Maybe I should have put a bathroom downstairs, He thinks. He chuckles to himself as he grabs his keys.

He starts the engine, puts it in gear, and drives off. He heads for the hospital.

He pulls into a parking spot, turns off the engine, and gets out of his car.

He walks in the building and registers as a visitor. He then, gets allowed in the back.

He knocks on my room door.

"Come on in," Dad says.

Danny opens the door and walks in, closing the door behind him.

"How's she doing?" Danny asks.

"I think a little better. After she comes to, we'll have to put her to sleep, and get the bullet out of her side," Dad answers.

"Okay. But couldn't you do that before she comes to?" Danny asks.

"No. It would put her in a deeper coma," Dad answers.

"Oh," Danny says, dissapointed a little.

After 3 hours, I finally come to. When I do, Danny comes up to me, and I look at him, weak and confused.

"Wh-what happend?" I ask, weak.

"Shh...Don't speak. You're weak and you need to rest," Danny says, softly stroking my face.

He lays his hand on my cheek, and I snuggle my face into his hand.