The Link Between Love Chapter 7

Then, he kneels down, and plants a kiss on my forhead.

"Love you. Get some rest. Call me if you need anything," He says, putting his hand on mine. I fall asleep, turning on my right side.

Danny walks out of the room and quietly closes my door. He walks down the stairs and in the kitchen, where dad is. Danny sits across from him.

"She's tucked in bed and asleep," Danny says.

"Okay. Thanks. You know, she really cares about you alot," Dad says.

"No, she didn't tell me, but I'm kind of thinking her actions in the past was showing me how much she cared," Danny replies.

"What did she do?" Dad asks.

"Well...When she got in a fight a few days ago, after we went to the nurse's office, we were walking out. I'm thinking her legs were tired, because she started to lean on me. Then, at the dance, when I went to go do something, I tripped and ripped my tux, and got scraped and brused. She went and got bandages and her sewing kit. She sewed my tux's rips back together and put some bandages on the scrapes," Danny answers.

"Wow...Wait, she got in a fight?" Dad asks, almost saying it too loud.

Dad and Danny hear me groan a little.

"Oops...Sorry," Dad says.

"She's fine, and..Yeah she got in a fight with a group of boys," Danny answers dad's question.

After 45 minutes, I wake up. I start to say 'Can someone please help me get down the stairs?'.

Danny comes up the stairs and in my room.

"Did you get some rest?" He asks, kneeling down next to my bed.

"Yeah," I answer.

Danny picks me up and takes me downstairs, putting me in my wheelchair. I've learned how to wheel around, so I start to wheel up to the kitchen to get a snack.

Dad had left to work about 10 minutes before I woke up.

"So, what do you want to do?" Danny asks, standing next to me.

"I kind of want to go outside," I answer, looking in the direction of the door.

"Okay. I'll get the door," He says, walking up to the door.

"Okay. Thanks," I say, wheeling towards the door.

We both go outside, but I start having trouble getting down the two steps that lead to the driveway. Danny helps get the wheelchair down the steps.

He puts the wheelchair down and kneels down. He leans in and gives me a kiss. Then, we start going down the sidewalk.

We go by Berry and Daniel, who are out walking, enjoying the day.

"Hi Michelle. How're you feeling?" Daniel asks.

"Better than before, that's for sure," I answer.

Then, out of nowhere, the cloaked man hops out from behind a tree. I get startled as the man starts walking toward us.

He grabs out his lasso and starts to whip it, trying to grab me again.

"What's that guy doing?" Berry asks.

"I think he's after Michelle," Danny answers.

"I can take her to my house, if you want Danny," Daniel suggests.

"No. That man would just follow you and it'll put your family in danger," Danny says.

"Okay," Daniel says.