The Link Between Love Chapter 8

As Berry, Daniel, and Sally look at the computer, searching up recent shootings, they spot a guy in the backyard, dressed in all black. They see something bulging in his back pocket.

"I wonder who that is, and what he has in his pocket," Sally says, rubbing her chin.

"It's no one I know," Daniel says, looking out the window at the strange figure.

They all go to the window, and they all look out at the man. The man looks up in the window, and they duck down.

"Let's go downstairs, quietly," Daniel says.

They all sneek downstairs and out the door. They all bring a powerful weapon with them, just in case. Daniel has a phone in his pocket, in case he needs to call the police.

They sneek up behind the man in black. Daniel jumps on him, holding him down with his hands behind his back so he can't grab his gun.

Berry quickly grabs the gun and runs inside, putting it on a counter. Shouldn't have ran with it, but okay, He thinks as he runs back outside to his friends.

Daniel and Sally has the masked man held to the floor still when Berry gets to them.

"Should we unmask him?" Berry asks.

"We should probably get the police before we do that," Daniel answers, taking out the phone.

Daniel dials '911'.

"Hello. Yes, we got a man dressed in black and a mask in our backyard, he had a gun, but we suprized him and jumped on him, grabbed his gun, and substained him on the ground. No, we haven't unmasked him. We wanted to wait until you guys get here before unmasking him. Okay. Bye," He says, hanging up.

"What did they say?" Berry asks.

"They're on their way," Daniel answers.

The police arrive and they run to the backyard.

"Okay, you can unmask him...Or her," One of the officers say.

Ethen pulls the mask off of the masked man. It turns out the shooter was the news man.

"So that's how the news of the shooting at Michelle's house got to the network so fast...He was the shooter all along," Daniel says.

"I-I'm sorry...I was looking for a story, but I realized there were no storys to catch people's eyes, so I decided to create a story. I didn't know it would end up like this," The news reporter says, lowering his head.

The officer handcuffs the news reporter and puts him in the back of the police car.

They left Berry, Daniel, and Sally a little gift of money as of saying 'Thanks for catching this criminal.'.

The police officers drive away with the shooter and back to the police building.

"Come on, lets go to Michelle's house and tell them that the shooter is now in jail," Daniel says.

"Okay!" Sally and Berry exclaim.

They run to my house and knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask from the living room.

"It's Daniel, Berry, and Sally," Daniel answers, tired from the running.

"You can come in," I say.

They all walk in and close the door. They go in the living room.

"Guys, we have great news," Daniel.

"What is it? What's the great news?" I ask, sitting up.

"The person that shot you, he was the news reporter," Daniel answers.

"Wait what," I say.

"Yeah, but he's now in jail," Daniel says.

"So THAT's how the story got on the news so fast," Danny says.

We all start laughing.

"That's what I said," Daniel says.

"But how about that cloaked man?" Danny puts his hand on his chin.

"I think he'll be scared enough to not want to come back...EVER," I say, placing a hand on his arm.

"You sure?" Danny asks, lowering his hand and placing it on mine.

"Yes, I'm sure," I answer.

"Well, we have to get going. My mom should be back at the house soon, and I'll probably have to explain why there's a gun on the counter," Daniel says.

"Okay. See you around," I say, waving.

"Yep," Daniel says, waving back.

They close the door and run back to Daniel's house.

"I think it's time to see if you can get back on your feet," Danny says.

"Same," I agree.

As he said that, dad was going down the stairs. He walks in the living room.

"Sorry, but I overheard what you said, and I agree with you. It's time to check and see if you can walk," He says.

He helps me up and brings me to the back of the couch. I hold on the the back as I carefully and slowly start to walk.

After a while, I start getting the hang of walking again, so I am able to let go of the couch and walk a bit faster.

"I think you're all set. You don't need the wheelchair anylonger," Dad says. "Just don't run or jump just yet."

"Okay, I won't. Thanks dad," I say walking around to the front of the couch and sitting next to Danny.

"I'm so proud of you," Danny says, grabbing my hands.

"Thank you Danny for being so caring and loving," I say.

"No problem," He says.

We both get up. We head outside and on to the grass. We sit down, enjoying the day, watching the clouds. Danny wraps his arm around me, pulling me over. He places my head on his chest and I snuggle my head into his chest.

After a day or two, I am able to run and jump. Danny and I decide to go for a jog down the sidewalk. When we get far enough from my house, we stop to take a breath.

We turn to face each other. Danny puts his right hand on my right cheek, with his four fingers behind my ear. He puts his left hand on my back. I do the same thing with both my hands. We kiss. When we stop, we keep our faces close to each other.

We bring our hands down, we put our hands on each other, and close our hands onto each other's. We open our left hands and separate them, turning and starting to walk.

We breath in the spring air.

"It's been fun the past few days," I say, sighing.

"Yeah," Danny agrees.

"Lets just relax today, tomorrow, and Sunday," I say as we cross the street.

"Okay. That sound good," He says, holding my hand.