Chapter 8

After a couple of days I grabbed my bags and went home. I walked through the door and what I saw made my blood boil.

Terry (our dad) had Mandy leaned up against the couch and he was raping her. I could tell cause I heard the sobs coming from Mandy.

I quickly but quietly grabbed one of Mickeys bats from his cabinet and snuck up behind Terry hitting him in the back of the head with the bat. He passed out falling on top of Mandy.

I quickly pushed him off of her and grabbed her turning her around and hugging her. "Come on sis." I said putting her arm around my shoulder and taking her to her room. She sat down on her bed and I got her some comfortable clothes.

"How long has he been doing this?" I asked her softly. "F-for a couple o-of week n-now." She said. I got angry but his it for Mandy. I gave her her clothes she changed wipe of her makeup and layed down. "Thanks Maya" she said then rolled over and fell asleep. I smiled.

I went back out to the living room to see Terry still knocked out so I grabbed a chair put Terry in it and tied him up. I grabbed a few weapons and layed them on the table. I sat down on the couch waiting for Terry to wake up which didn't take much longer.

I heard him groan. I got up grabbing one of the weapons. He looked up at me. "What are you doing with that?" He asked. I smiled. "Why did you rape Mandy?" I asked. He chucked.

"She liked it." He said. I laughed and hit him in the face with the bat. "WHY DID YOU RAPE MANDY!" I yelled. He looked at me shocked. I got fed up with him and my anger had took over.  I grabbed the knife and raised it above my head getting ready to stab Terry in the arm when the door busted open and Mickey walked through the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Mickey yelled asked. I dropped the knife.  Mickey started walking towards me but I ran past him out the door down the sidewalk. I ran all the way to under the L where I sat on the old couch there and cried.

I have to get away from Chicago I thought. I ran back to the house and opened the door peaking in to see Mickey sitting on the couch trying to call me. I shut the door and went to the back of the house. I opened that door and seen no one was blocking my way of getting to my room so I ran there.

I quickly shut and locked the door. I grabbed my backpack dumping the school stuff out and gathering clothes. And then I would go to the Gallagher house for a few days then leave. After I was done stuffing the bag I threw it under my bed and got dressed into some pjs. I unlocked my door and walked out to the living room where Mickey was sitting there rubbing his eyes and muttering to himself.

"M-Mickey?" I asked him. His head shot up and he ran towards me pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him crying into my big brothers chest was a stress reliever. He made me feel safe.

He pulled away. "Where ave you been Maya?" He asked me. I wiped my tears. "I-i was under t-the L." I said. He nodded. "Now why the fuck did I walk in one you getting ready to stab Terry?" He asked me. My eyes widened.

"U-um he was r-raping Mandy." I said. His eyes got wide with anger.  He pushed me on to the couch and ran to Terry's room grabbing him by the arms dragging him to the living room. He started kicking the shit out of Terry.

I called 911 and told them that I had walked in on him raping my sister and when he seen me he went it rape me but I hurt him for self defense.

A couple of minutes later the police came and took Terry. All the while I was in my room grabbing my bag of clothes leaving a not and deciding to skip going to the Gallaghers.

I went it the back door and ran to an alley where a car was waiting for me. I jumped in and they drive off.