Chapter 17: The Wedding

The next morning I decide to be productive and wake up at 8 in the morning. I change into my short and sneakers and go for a fifteen minute run around the neighborhood. I came back with some new found energy and I run into the shower. As usual when I come out, wrapped in a towel, Kelly ambushes me.

     "Kelly, he's coming at 4:30. I got time," I try to walk past her but she grabs my arm and drags me into her brightly painted room. The thing is lime green with black stripes. Which I must say it fits her personality very well, bright and vibrant, but also very mischievious and dark.

     "I HAVE to show you the dress for tonight!" She runs into her closet and comes back out with a dress that'll go down to just above my knees and it's black and white and very me.

     "Kelly! I love it! where did you find it?!" I say holding it up and admiring it. She just shrugs and pushes me back to my room. I tell her to wait and I run into the bathroom and slip into the dress. It fits like a glove and I absolutely adore it. I walk back into my room and Kelly's mouth drops open. I laugh and sit down in my makeup chair. I surrender to her magic because it's already 11:30. Man I take really long showers when I'm nervous. I start fidgeting with things that are displayed across my vanity while Kelly gets going on my makeup. She kept it very neutral and simple. She applied very light lipstick and the only heavy piece of makeup would probably be eyeliner and only because she created a wing. I was so happy with the make up and let her have free reign on the hair. After a good two hours, my hair was swept to the side and down. It was styled so it looked almost vintage and I was practically crying because it was so perfect.

     "And my work here is done!" she announces as she releases the last curl. I take one last look at the finished product and my breath catches in my throat. I am speechless. Kelly has truly outdone herself on this look. I hug her and she leads me to the shoes she picked out. They were black and white pumps. The heel was the pattern of my dress and I thought they were the finishing touch. I put them on and strut around a little bit. I felt amazing. By then I was completely ready and I didn't really want to wait anymore. It was almost 3 and I just called Stephen asking him to pick me up early and he was okay with it.

     "Thank you so much Kelly! I love this!" I hug her and grab my purse and run out the door. Stephen's Escalade looked new and shiny. I got into the passenger side and smiled at him.

     "Hey Falon. You look absolutely show stopping. How've you been?" He acted completely calm even though his knuckles were practically white from gripping the wheel so tight.

     "I've been okay. Thanks for the invite to the wedding by the way," I was looking right at him now and I couldn't help but notice how messed up his hair was and the way his eyes were gleaming with anticipation. "So are you the best man today?" I tried making casual conversation and it must have worked because he smiled and looked at me briefly.

     "Yeah, Tyler wanted to make me best man and Sam is the maid of honor," he put his elbow on the window and put his finger up to his lips. He looked amazing even though he was only in a black shirt.

     "You must be excited that your sister is getting married," I had no idea what else to say and I guess Stephen sensed it too.

    "Yeah, he's a good guy and she's happy with him so I'm happy," He smiles fully this time and my heart stops. Too many memories. Too many good times come flooding back to me and I stop breathing and look dead ahead. We pull up to a very nice looking manor called "The Venetian" and Stephen parks towards the front entrance. He jumps out of the car and opens my door for me. He holds my hand tight and I feel warmth surge through my body.

     "Thanks," I say quietly and we walk to the door, which he opens for me. The place is completely finished with decorating I can tell and it is absolutely perfect.