Report 31: Answers

Friday, November 10th

8:00 pm. Night

We left the car parked a few blocks back. Jeremy was spouting about us being followed. I'm not sure why they would want to. But, with everything else that happened. It was safer this way. The address on the paper was to the Upper City Ports. A location underneath one of the piers. Extending far out over the water. The amusement park sat right above us. I could hear the screams of people on the rides. The enveloped stench of fried foods and vomit. Logan spotted a door on the side of the cemented section of the pier. It must be for the management of the power for the amusement park. We checked the door and it wasn't locked. Which could be from a really bad lock on the door or I brute forced it again. Oops...

Once we were inside. The place was pitch black. We each held out our cell phones and journeyed through the corridors into a large room. There was only one light in the center of the room that was lit. We stepped inside the room and were greeted with a voice.

"Please step into the light!" asked the voice.

We obeyed and waited as the light turned off on us. We pulled our cellphones out and saw a person wearing black cloak. They must be The Shadows.

"Do not worry," said the voice, "We cannot stand in the light anymore. It is far to dangerous for us outside."

"I got your message," I called out, "You wanted to meet with me."

"Yes... I thought it was time you chose a side," said a second voice.

The second voice... I knew it from somewhere. But, it was impossible. I saw him die.

"...Dad?" I asked, waving my cell phone around the room, trying to spot him.

"Hey, is Alex here, too?" asked Mike.

"I am sorry..." said Frank, "But, the person called Alex Wave is dead! He is not the same person you knew before. And he cannot return with you."

"What kind of sick game is it to play with a person's dead brother?!" yelled Logan.

"As I said, I need your help, Kennith."

"Then answer me this!" I yelled, holding back the tears, "Why? Why now?! You died on that boat four years ago! Now, you come back thinking everything will be just peachy?! You know Mom passed away not long after you left. Or do you want to talk about how your son went into the police academy. Trying to find out why... you had to die. Only to find out he couldn't even solve that..."

"I... cannot express the feeling you must have against me."

"Really?! Cause I, for one, know exactly how to feel!"

"So... he really isn't dead, then?" asked Mike, "Alex..."

"Then, you know very little about what happened in that warehouse that night," said Frank, "I bet your friend there told you he shot him. However, that is not true. Alex Wave had created more attention for himself than he ever led on. We knew about him and followed him that night. He went into the warehouse alone. Brushing aside the help we offered him. He confronted McCloy and your friend. But, the gun that was fired... was from outside the warehouse."

"What are you saying?! That a sniper took him out?"

"I believe you know the name of the man. Tri-Shot. There was a hit on him."

"No, that's not possible!" yelled Jeremy, "I held my end of the bargain! I got that man arrested and sent to prison!"

"You wish to believe that even holding a bargain with the devil himself. He would hold his. There was a gunshot that echoed through that night sky. You could say it looked real to the naked eye. The glass window above the warehouse was shattered. Raining down around you. Does that answer your doubt. A bullet traveling inside the warehouse wouldn't shatter glass high above you."