Report 32: Fat Zeus II

Friday, November 10th

2:00 am. Double Late

With the neon blue signs appearing in front of us. We arrived at the Fat Zeus once more. The inside was just as we left it. But, the strange neon light blue smoke was gone. I guess if the police were looking for it now. It would be best to hide it. However, Lagransky was nowhere to be seen. I walked over to the bartender, Ralph, to get a location of his boss.

"So Ralph," I greeted, "Do you know where Lagransky is?"

"You're the second person to be asking about him. Guess he is a popular guy. Owning the Fat Zeus is a privilege."

"Can you tell me where he is?"

"Yeah, he's in the back room. But, your not allowed in there!"

"This is a police business. We're looking into the reported drug being used around town."

"Look, this isn't going to mess with this place getting closed down, will it?"

"Hey, I won't let this place close, Ralph," said Logan, walking over.

"Of course, you won't," said Ralph, "But, if there is a drug bust happening here. I just want to know my legitimate business won't be affected."

"I'll see to it personally."

We all walked over to the door. It was locked and this time being brute force wouldn't be a bad thing. The door swung open. This new back room opened into what looked like a truck unloading dock. What was more strange. Was the Bakery Kneads logo on the side of the truck. There was nobody in here. Looking over the place. I noticed a staircase that led up to a second floor. I saw there was lights on in the second floor from out front. I dialed the police before continuing our investigation. We had back-up on the way. But, in order to close this case up. We needed to find the man of the hour. Lagransky.

We all raced for the door and flung it almost right off its hinges. There, we stood in this pool of neon light blue fog. People on each side of the room, smoking those e-cigarettes. Lagransky sat in the center of the room. He was holding a glass of some kind of liquor. Both body guards standing in wait.

"Gentleman, I hope you are having a good time here tonight?" asked Lagransky, "It seems we have visitors. Just be careful, this might be a bit too much to take in."

"We're fine," I said, feeling my head getting dizzy, "Uh... Tri-Shot... it was you, wasn't it?"

"Ah... forgive me, comrade. It has been ages since I have given anyone my name. I am Lagransky Maxmilian! Owner of the Fat Zeus. Ha Ha Ha!"

"So why did you do it?" I said, trying to steady myself.

"Ah..." said Lagransky, "You must be careful how much you inhale, sir. Shaking is a sign of the drugs effects. Ha Ha Ha!"

"I-I'm fine."

"Excellent! Please feel free to ask me anything. We are in America, yes?" said Lagransky, gesturing at all the space around him.

The image flashed from the night with Peter. The man gesturing the same way.

"You shouldn't listen to your comrade, Kennith Kane..." said the figure, gesturing to the cityscape around him, "Some things are best left in the shadows! Ha Ha Ha!"

I shook my head free as Lagransky was walking away. I stood to my feet. All the light blue neon lights made my eyes hurt. Room, spinning around. It was the same feeling as before. There were others in the bar smoking that electronic cigarette. The light blue smoke. Like Josef Brotz and the security guard, Stepan.