Report 38: Possibilities

Wednesday, November 15th

Same time, Same Place

I held onto what she asked... Bryce began to turn away.

"Keith... I have to leave," said Bryce.

"Then, I'll go," I said.

"But, what about Spyglass?"

"Spyglass isn't much without the whole group. If your leaving. We would lose another member."

"Are you sure about this, Keith. Being an agent is no joke."

"Like you said before... we're trained to take it."

"Then, know that you may never be coming back to this place."

"I think some time away will help clear everything up."

"And what about your friends?"

"They're a bit frizzled about what happened."

"But... did you really kill your friend."

"I... was given a choice to be killed or to stop McCloy. I did what I thought was right."

"Spoken like a real agent."

"Hey, I've had the same training you had. Went to the police academy. A bit of detective work."

"Sounds like a good resume."

"So, you think they'll hire me?"

"That all depends."

"Depends on what?"

"How long you stay my boyfriend."

Bryce grabbed my hand and walked me onto the plane. I took a seat by the window, as she placed her things in the compartment above our seats. The plane began to roll down the landing strip. Soon, lifting off into the air. I watched as the city I stayed in for so long. Fade away into the distance. The memories of everything I was leaving behind. Both the group and my father. Sure, I had a life back at home. But, I felt that it was my time to go and find a future for myself. Even after all that happened. They were right. I watched as the fog of the city began to rise. The city would soon be enveloped into the bright future it had in store for it. Sure, I wasn't a part of it anymore. But, there people back there that were ready to take my place. My job was done and the case solved far as I could think. Now, it was just me... and Bryce. Where this story will take me... well, I thing Mike put it better when he said that was all for another story. The sun in the window soon sank in the distance clouds. Bryce laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. This was what I chose... and I believe it was the right decision. I placed my head on hers and gave it a kiss, before too, succumbing to the long venture I went through. When the plane lands. I think I'll take a vacation before beginning my new life... with her.