Chapter 4 - Save Her

Aphmau ran out of Garroth's house and towards Dante's house to talk to Travis.

"Travis, I need to talk to you! Travis, where are you!" Aphmau yelled.

Aphmau walked into the living room to see Dante sitting frozen on the clinch yelling nonsense at Travis, while Travis sat on Dante's lap eating his popcorn and watching the movie playing on the TV.

"Travis, what are you doing." Aphmau asked.

"Oh! Aphmau, I didn't see you there!" Travis jumps off Dante's lap spilling popcorn everywhere. " Nothing was happening!" Travis said nervously.

"Ok.....well it seems everyone is frozen except is so I'm gonna go find Lucinda. You should probably come with me." Aphmau said.

"Yeah, yeah, let's do that." Travis said.

Aphmau and Travis walked outside to see Lucinda floating in the air struggling to get loose from Katelyn's invisible grip. Katelyn's arm was outstretched, using the magic inside her to keep Lucinda above ground.

"Lucinda!" Aphmau cried.

Aphmau started to run towards Lucinda to help her, but before she got far Travis grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Aphmau you can't help her! Not yet! She's under Katelyn's control!"

"Lucinda! Katelyn, let her go! Please, she's your friend!" Aphmau shouted as tears streamed down her face.

"We all are Katelyn! Fight it to save the people you love!" Travis yelled.

"There is no helping me! The Katelyn you no is gone, and I'm taking her place!" Katelyn shouted back.

"No.....she's.....not!" Lucinda struggled to say. " the Katelyn.....we know.....and.....love.....is still.....in there some.....where."

Those words broke Katelyn's concentration momentarily, which was just enough one for her to drop Lucinda to the ground.

"Run Lucinda!" Travis shouted.

"I.....can't. Too.....tired." Lucinda said while panting.

"I'm coming Lucinda!" Aphmau shouted.

Aphmau ran towards Lucinda to help her get away from Katelyn, who was on the ground crying and breathing heavily from holding Lucinda in the air for so long. Travis began to run after Aphmau to help her carry Lucinda. Aphmau took Lucinda's right arm and looped it around her neck while Travis grabbed her left arm and did the same. Aphmau and Travis worked together to bring Lucinda into Dante's house. They closed the door and locked it behind them, all while leaving Katelyn in the street thinking about the words Lucinda had said to her.

"Lucinda!" Aphmau cried. " Travis, get her some water! You poor baby. Your gonna be ok, don't worry."

Travis got up and ran to the kitchen. He got a glass of water and a wet towel for Lucinda's forehead.

Travis ran back and placed the cloth on Lucinda's forehead while setting the glass of water down next to Aphmau.

"We need time to rest Travis." Aphmau said.

"But with Katelyn still out there, we're in danger. " Travis said.

"Travis, what are you saying..." Aphmau said.

"I need to talk with Katelyn." Travis answered.