Day 1 at Hogwarts

Twilight didn't keep her promise to wake you up the next morning. The thing that woke you up was several gasps that resounded around the room. You sit up and rub at your eyes wearily.

The sun beams through the velvety red curtains hanging over the windows. You pop your knuckles as Twilight stretches out in the fuzzy blankets.

"What the bloody Hell are you doing in here?!" Yells Ron, looking at you wide eyed.

"No need to yell Ron." Harry says not fully awake. Harry pulls you closer and snuggles his head into shoulder. You giggle as you're used to Harry doing this when he was supposed to get up.

"Come on Harry or you'll be late for class."

Harry's roommates stared as you and Harry got ready quickly.

"Coming boys?" You yell as you and Harry make your way out the door. They nod and follow after you.

"(Y/n) where were you?! We couldn't find you anywhere!" Hermione screams when you get to the bottom of the stairs.

"Relax Hermione. I can't sleep without Harry. It feels weird. So I spent the night with him."

She looked skeptical but didn't comment.

You all made your way down to breakfast, eating and talking merrily until it was time to go. You and Hermione left before Ron and Harry, who said they'd catch up when they were done eating.

Twilight curled happily around your neck like a scarf and she nipped at your fingertips playfully when you pet her.

As you sat down at a desk together, more students piled in and you notice that Draco sat directly behind you.

"Morning (Y/n). How did you sleep?"

"Well, thank you. What about you?"

"Rather well. How was breakfast?"

Before you could answer Professor McGonagall came into the room and began a discussion about transfiguration.

She transformed into a cat all the sudden and you felt your eyes widen. 'Wow! That was so cool.'
You thought.

It was about that time that Harry and Ron burst through the doors. Ron looked around and, to your absolute horror, said "Lucky old McGonagall isn't here! Can you imagine the look on her face if we were late?!"

McGonagall transformed back.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Gasped Ron.

"Why thank you for your assessment, Mr Weasley. Perhaps it would be wise to transform Mr Potter or yourself into a pocket watch, perhaps that way one of you would be on time."

"We got lost." Explained Harry.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats?"

"Their gonna need some ice for that burn." You whisper to Hermione, who giggles quietly.

~Time skip~

Sitting in the musty potions room you got out a quill and some parchment. You had been looking forward to potions the most. You couldn't wait to start ever since you finished reading all your potions books on the train yesterday.

When a tall man dressed in all black entered the room all talk instantly ceased.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few, who posses the predisposition, I can teach you to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

His eyes traveled over the room until the landed on Harry and you. Both of you were taking down every word the man said in full detail.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not. pay. ATTENTION."

Hermione nudged you and in turn you nudged Harry.

"Potters. Our new celebrities. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"That sir would make a sleeping potion so strong it is known as a draft of the sleeping dead." You answered as Hermione's hand shot in the air.

Snape's full attention then turned to you. "And where, Ms Potter, would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar?"

"A bezoar is a stone found in the stomach of a goat that can cure most poisons."

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"There is no difference sir. They are the same plant just with different names."

Snape's eyes widened. "You're just like your mother was in potions." He whispered.

He shook his head and sent a small glare to my brother. "You are very lucky to have Ms Potter to protect you Mr Potter." He said and turned  back to the lesson.

~Time skip~

Checking you schedule, you noticed you had flying lessons with the Slytherins. Knowing that Draco was going to be there as well brought a smile to your face.

You skipped happily outside to a grassy area where broomsticks were lined up in two lines. You walked over to the right most line. You waited patiently for all the other students to arrive. The Gryffindors and Slytherins were sending each other glares (minus you and Draco who stood directly in front of each other).

"Good morning class!" Madam Hooch called out.

"Morning Madam Hooch." The class said in monotone voices.

"MORNING HOOCH!" You call. "HOW ARE YOU ON THIS ABSOLUTELY LOVELY MORNING?! WELL I HOPE!"

Madam Hooch smiled kindly at you. "I am very well Ms Potter thank you for asking. Five points to Gryffindor for the most enthusiastic student I've seen in years."

You grin kindly and in the corner of your eye you see Draco smile widely. Your heart thud almost painfully against your chest.

"Alright everyone. Stand on the right side of your broom, raise you left hand over it and say, up. Be sure to say it very clearly."

You stick your hand up over the broom and with a commanding "UP!" your broom zooms up into your waiting hand first try.

You notice that Harry and Draco had also gotten their brooms into their hands.

"UP! UP! UP!" You heard Ron getting impatient with the broom when suddenly it flew up and hit him. Most students laugh but you yell "Shut it you lot!"

You went over to him and showed him how to do it properly and once he got it you returned to your own broom.

"Thank you Ms Potter. Ten more points to Gryffindor for helping me."

She was helping another student you didn't recognize as you helped Ron.

Once everyone's brooms had risen, you were taught how to mount it.

"Remember to grip it very tightly, you don't want to be sliding off."

Once everyone had mounted she continued.

"Now, once mounted kick of-"

Neville's broom left the ground and he flew off, crashing into walls and flying wildly. Draco and the rest of the Slytherins were laughing at poor Neville but you look at him in worry.

Neville then fell and you gasp. He landed on a torch before falling to the ground. Madam Hooch then ran towards him and took him to the hospital wing instructing you not to get on your brooms or you'd be expelled.

Draco then found Neville's remembrall and laughed while saying "If the fat lubber had given this a squeeze maybe he would have remembered to fall on his fat ass."

You and Harry weren't happy.