The mirror

"Harry? I think we're safe now." You state. You turn to your brother only to see he is looking into a large mirror.

"Harry, we need to go. Filch could come in at any moment."

"(Y/n). I see them. Our parents." Harry states.

"What?"

You look into the mirror but don't see your parents. You look into the mirror then look behind you.

"What the hell?"

"Do you see them?" Harry asked expectantly.

"No."

"What? What do you see then?"

"A boy."

"What do you mean a boy?" Harry said infuriated.

"Well... I see Draco. I don't see our parents Harry."

Harry seemed disappointed. "You have to see them." He whispered.

"I'm sorry Harry. I see Draco and I standing in that mirror." You gather the invisibility cloak and pull it over you. "Come on Harry."

Harry turned to the mirror and whispered "I'll be back." Together you left the room under the cloak.

~Time skip~

The next morning you and Harry told Ron about the mirror.

"You could have woken me up," said Ron crossly.

"You can come tonight, I'm going back, I want to show you the mirror." Harry replied eagerly.

"No Harry. We can't. What if someone catches us and we get in trouble?"

Harry sighed impatiently. "You don't have to go (y/n). No one is forcing you. But I'm going with or without you." He snapped.

You frown in sadness. "Fine. We'll go. If it proves you wrong I'll go! But I promise our parents aren't there!" You whisper.

Later that night you, Harry, and Ron went to find the mirror room again. You were under your own cloak while Ron was under Harry's with him.

You felt guilty for the words you said earlier but don't apologize for them.

Eventually you found it.

"See?!" Harry whispered pointing toward the mirror.

"WOW!"

"Do you see them? Your family?"
Harry asked.

"No- I'm alone- but I'm different- I look older- and I'm head boy!" Ron exclaims.

"What?"

Ron turns and looks at you excitedly. "Do you think this mirror shows the future?"

"How can it? Our parents are dead. Let me have another look-"

"You had it to yourself all last night, give me a bit more time."

Harry and Ron begin to argue when a sudden noise put an end to their discussion.

"Hide! Quickly!" You whisper throwing your cloak back over you.

Ron throws Harry's cloak over them just as Mrs Norris came around the door.

You all freeze. 'Do these things even work on cats? I'll ask Twilight later... if I'm still alive that is.'

When she left you whisper "Come on. This isn't safe- she might have gone for Filch, I bet she heard you."

~Time skip~