Chapted 43

*Mia's point of view*

The boys, girls, and I all lay on the floor or the couch, bored out of our minds. "I'm so bored", Erika groans for the millionth time. "Same", Jack sighs. "Me too", I agree, lifting my head from Zach's chest.

"I heard there's a new laser tag place that opened", Daniel informs. "Why didn't you tell is earlier?!", Erika exclaims.

We all get up, scattering around the house to get our shoes on. "Hurry up!", Erika yells. I get in the backseat after her. Christina next, taking a seat next to me. Zach opens the passenger door and takes a seat grumpily.

"Why are you grumpy, baby Herron?", Daniel asks. He starts the car and looks over at Zach. Jack, Corbyn, and Jonah took the other car.

"The witches took my seat next to Mia", Zach replies.

"Erika, right?", Christina asks. "Thank you!", Erika chirps. Zach scowls.

"I'll be on your team", I offer. "I want Christina on my team", Erika says.

"I want Jonah", I say. "Why Jonah?", Erika asks. "He'll make a great human shield", I answer. Erika looks like she thinks about it.

"We're taking Daniel", Christina tells Erika. "But why?", Erika asks, a frown taking over.

"Excuse me", Daniel says, clearly offended. "You're excused", Erika replies.

"I get Cornbin", I say. "Okay fine", Erika agrees glumly.

Erika made Daniel drive over the speed limit so "our boredom would be cured faster." Daniel looked terrified to be going five miles over the speed limit. Erika wanted him to "live on the wild side." But I think a mile under the speed limit is wild enough for Daniel.

We had to wait ten minutes for the boys because Jack saw a flower that was pretty. Erika was angry they took so long, but got over it when Jack gave her the flower.

We went inside and got in our teams. The employees led us to the game and started setting us up with the equipment.

Corbyn was really excited to be on my team, Jonah was scared Erika would attack him, and Zach was just excited to play. Daniel was happy to be with Christina and Christina was happy to be with him and Erika. Erika was salty that we weren't on the same team. I think being with her lover cheered her up though.

My team and I got led to the other side. "Focus on taking Erika down first", I instruct, "And split up." The guys nod. We wait for the countdown. "1..2..3." "Go!", I yell.

I run off to the left side. I hold up the gun, making sure I look every way possible. I slow down and take cautious steps. I take laser tag very seriously.

A loud scream rings through my ears. Jack. Followed by the scream I hear an over exaggerated evil laugh. Corbyn. I hear footsteps. I immediately point my gun that way, I walk towards where I heard the steps, careful not to make a sound.

"Aha!", I whisper yell, shooting at the person. "It's just me!", Zach whisper yells putting his hands up. "Sorry", I apologize with a sheepish smile. He nods meaning it's fine. I smile one last time before walking off.

I go up a staircase. It leads me to a room. Someone stands in front of me, there back facing me, they watch over. A devilish smirk appears on my face. "Game over." I shoot at the person until they are dead in the game.

"I knew it was a bad idea to leave Christina", Daniel groans. I smile apologetically before stalking off to find the enemies.

I decide to hide and wait for someone to pass because I've only gotten Daniel so far.

"The witch!", Jonah shrieks.

"HAHAHA!"

I see Jonah rounding the corner, I grab his arm and pull him into my tight spot, I cover his mouth to keep him quiet. He looks at me, pure terror showing. I hear footsteps. It has to be Erika. I hold my laser gun up, waiting for her to round the corner.

Someone rounds the corner, but it isn't Erika, instead it's Corbyn. He sneakily walks over to us. Paint is on his face and he looks like he's going to pounce on the other team.

"Where'd you get the war paint?", I whisper, trying to hold in my laughter. "A good ruler is always prepared", He whispers back.

"Where's Zach?", I ask. "Erika literally took him down", Corbyn informs. I shutter at the image of Erika breaking Zach. "Who's left?", I ask. "Erika is guarding Christina with her life", Jonah says. "She's terrifying", He adds.

I smirk when a plan comes to mind. "Jonah, be a distraction and Corbyn and I will get the girls", I instruct. Jonah's eyes widen in fear. "I might die!", He whisper yells. "We all die eventually", Corbyn replies before shoving him out the tight spot.

Corbyn and I leave the hiding spot. He follows closely behind me, both of us as silent as possible. We're looking around suspiously as if Erika and Christina will pop out of thin air.

"Jonah! I'm going to kill you!", Erika screeches, anger dripping in every word. "Omg I got her!", Jonah yells. "Christina", Corbyn and I say in unison. We look at each other and nod. We run closer to Erika.

Before I can process anything Corbyn is yelling, " Victory Screech!" I laugh and join his celebrating. Erika huffs and crosses her arms.

We walk out and put the equipment back. Daniel complained he would have been better on my team. Zach was rubbing his arm, which he explained Erika knocked him down.

I turn to Jonah when we're outside. "How did you even get Erika?", I question.

"I heard a noise and panicked. I thought it'd be smart to shoot in a random place and luckily Erika was there."

•°•°
Word count: 983

I feel really discouraged about the last update. I feel like I'm not writing good chapters anymore. It makes me wonder if I shouldn't have come back at all. I took a certain critique really hard and it kinda really made me feel bad. I'm a confident person, but this just shredded me up. I was originally planning on ending at chapter 65, but I'm cutting it short. There will be about 6 chapters now. I'm not enjoying this anymore and I don't think anyone else is either.