Chapter IV

Bucky and Steve were tangled together on the couch as the morning sun peeked through the windows, the curtains dimming it from being too bright. Steve's head lightly moved with Bucky's chest as he took long, calm breaths. Bucky's eyes lazily opened as light glared onto his face. The sun made his irises brighten in color. They looked like the ocean, perhaps right after a storm.

Bucky had realized there was a man, asleep, on him. He sat up a bit and widened his eyes, panicking on instinct. Steve moved, but he was still out on Bucky's chest. He laid back down and looked at the ceiling. His open mouth shifted to a warm smile. He moved the hand that wasn't resting on Steve's back to thread his fingers in Steve's soft, blonde hair. He watched the colors of his hair shift shades in the morning light while he gently played with it. Bucky thought that he could really get used to something like this. Steve was a big, strong man but he looked so soft here. His arm dangled over Bucky's and the open side of the couch, but he moved it to rest his hand on Bucky's shoulder. Steve hesitated for a few seconds before dragging his hand across Bucky's shirt to reach his neck and gently wrap his fingers around it. Bucky's heart began beating faster. He tried to slow it down, knowing Steve could probably hear and feel it.

Bucky glanced at his phone screen, sighing with relief when he saw it was Friday. The Anchor was open Fridays, but Bucky had a close friend, Natasha, managing the bar while he took a day off. Usually he read, wrote in a journal, or watched tv but today he was looking forward to spending it with Steve. Bucky began to doubt himself. What if Steve doesn't want to? What if he thought Bucky was getting a little too excited? Maybe Steve was just looking for fun. He sighed aloud, trying to release the stress building up inside of him. Steve lifted his head from Bucky's chest and looked at him.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." Steve looked sleepy and his eyes hypnotized Bucky with their bright blue color. He couldn't help but smile softly. Those eyes were beautiful and he thought they went well with his own.

Steve smiled back. "Don't worry. I don't normally sleep in this late. Sorry", he laughed nervously and lifted himself off Bucky to sit on his lap. Bucky sat up too and rested his hands on Steve's thighs.

"I think.. that was the best night I've ever had. I don't know about the movie, though. I didn't pay much attention", Steve said as he met Bucky's eyes. He laughed. They stared at each other for a moment before Steve lightly grabbed Bucky's chin and kissed him softly. Bucky moved his hand up Steve's chest to hold the side of his neck. Bucky couldnt believe how perfect Steve was. He still tasted good, despite it being morning. He pushed his hips into him and took another kiss.

Bucky grabbed at the back of Steve's hair and moved his head to the side of his. "You don't have any plans today, do you?", he whispered hopefully.

"Only with you", Steve responded as he leaned back to rest his forehead against Bucky's. "That is...if you don't have any. Is the bar open today?"

"Yes, but my friend is managing today. I get Fridays off". Bucky reached his hands under Steve's thighs to lift him off his lap so he could lay back down. Steve leaned over him, holding himself up with his hands placed to the sides of Bucky's head.

"Can I make you breakfast?", he asked.

Bucky blushed at the question. "Let me help you", he responded. He put his arms around Steve's neck to give him another soft kiss. Steve bit his lip and got off the couch to stand up. He offered a hand to help Bucky up. Steve stood an inch or two taller than him, but he sort of loved it. It made him feel a little more protected and ...safe.

Bucky held Steve's hand still, leading him into his kitchen. He let go to open both sides of the fridge and stepped back. "Take what you will".

Steve grabbed a few things, like eggs and a variety of vegetables. "No meat?", he asked.

"I don't eat meat", Bucky frowned, hoping that wasn't annoying or inconvenient to Steve.

"I don't either". Steve smiled and turned back to the fridge

Bucky leaned against his counter and watched him with a smile. The more things he learned about Steve, the longer he wanted to spend time with him. He always thought men were beautiful, but Steve seemed different. He didn't have any flaws. Nothing about him bothered Bucky. He loved every bit of his body and everything he knew about Steve's personality so far. He blushed a little, reminding himself of last night. He honestly didn't expect he'd get so passionate with Steve, but he didn't regret any of it. Like Steve had said, it was the best night of his life. He'd had sex before, of course, but all of a sudden it all seemed worthless. Nothing really compared to the feelings Steve had given him. He'd never felt so safe and content in his life. He could survive off of Steve's energy alone for the rest of his days. He began to wonder if he was being too hopeful or attached, but it just seemed right.