[Three]

"You're leaving?"
"I am sorry but we both know that that is what is best for me and you. I need to figure out what I want to do with my life and you need to spend more time with Lilac alone, she needs her dad"
"She also needs her mom and that is you Ronnie"
"That's not what you said earlier"
"What I said was stupid, Lilac is your daughter and you know it. If you don't want to stay for me then do it for her. She needs you"
"I'm sorry Arch but I've made up my mind, I am leaving"
"Please Veronica, don't leave me"
"Don't do this!"
"Do what? Try to make you stay because I love you? Cause I won't stop"
"But you have to. I'm going to pack my suitcase and then go stay with Betty tonight before leaving early tomorrow to go to the airport"
"Why can't you stay here?"
"Because I don't want to have to say goodbye to you"
"So you're planning on just leaving me without saying bye?"
"Yes, cause saying bye to you would be the hardest thing I've ever done" I walked to our room and started packing my bags. I heard Archie walk to Lilac and tell her that it was time to go to bed. I packed down exactly everything, my clothes, makeup, shoes, jewelry. Everything. I then walked to the hallway and left my bags and then walked to Lilac's room. Archie was sitting next to her on her bed and reading a book. She was already asleep when I came in so I walked over to her and carefully kissed her forehead. Archie stood up when I walked over and afterwards he stood there looking at me "so you're really leaving"
"Yeah"
"Well I guess this is goodbye"
"Just for now, I'll be back you know"
"I know. I just thought that this was our life you know. We were going to become a little family, you, me and Lilac"
"I know but things change, people grow. And now I want a job" he walked over and kissed my lips "Remember that I love you"
"Always!" he kissed me again but this time the kiss lasted longer. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. I kissed him, more heated and more passionate. He picked me up and carried me to our room. He put me down on the bed and continued kissing me.
After we lay in the bed "I don't know if I'm ready to let you go just yet"
"I'm not ready to let you go either but we have to" I leaned up and kissed him. I saw him closing his eyes since it was late and I did the same. After a few hours I still hadn't fallen asleep so I carefully got up, put my clothes on and walked out of the house. I left and went to the airport even though my plane didn't leave until 8am which was in four hours. Driving there I could feel the tears start to burn in my eyes. The lump I had had in my stomach since I had decided to leave grew bigger for every minute that went by driving to the airport. But at the same time I was so excited to leave. I wanted to go to New-York and start a career. I knew that I didn't have a college degree so it would be hard to get a job but Archie had done so why wouldn't I be able to do it. I mean the only reason Archie got his job was because he had the right contacts, but still. I knew that I could do this and I was going to prove to myself that I could. When I got to the airport I first checked all of my bags in and then went to buy some breakfast. I bought a coffee and a sandwich and then I sat down and waited for my flight to board.
"Excuse me, you're sitting on my paper!"
"What?" I looked up and this guy was standing there looking at me. He looked my age and he was really cute actually. He had brown, curly hair and he was wearing an outfit that made him look a little bit nerdy. But at the same time he was crazy hot "I'm sorry, here's your paper" I gave him his paper and he took it "my name's Travis, Travis James"
"Hey Travis, I'm Veronica" I stood up and shook his hand "just Veronica, no last name?"
"Oh sorry Lodge, my last name is Lodge"
"Veronica Lodge, I like it" I looked at him and he smiled at me. I could feel my cheeks turning red so I looked down on the ground "so Veronica, where are you going?"
"To New-York"
"New-York wow, what is a girl like you going to do there?"
"Get a job"
"A job? Where?"
"I'm not sure, something in fashion or maybe start my own makeup company. That has been a dream of mine forever"
"And what would the name of that company be?"
"I don't know"
"Well then I'm gonna sit down here next to you and we're going to figure out a name for your company"
"I'm sorry but why are you helping me?"
"Because I work as with helping people start their own company"
"You're kidding with me?"
"Actually not"
"You really want to help me?"
"Yes of course. Now lets hurry before the plane boards"
"Well you could take my number so that we could continue when we get to New-York"
"Sure!" we sat there just talking ideas for me starting my own company. After awhile we had to board the plane so we said our goodbyes even though we would see eachother in just a few hours again. I still couldn't really believe it, I was starting my own company with help from Travis. My new life was officially beginning.