Chap. 8

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" I asked Rory. 

"I came to-" He started before Alfie cut him off.

"We don't want to hear it, and we have reservations, goodbye." Alfie said, grabbing my hand and starting to pull me away.  Deciding to be difficult, Rory grabbed my other hand.  I shook my hand away from Rory and Alfie.  I had something to say for myself, rather than letting them battle it out.

"Okay Rory, I don't know why you're here and frankly I'm not very interested, and I don't intend on letting you ruin my date so I suggest you leave before I go and get my brother who is just waiting to beat someone up."

That's what I wish I would've said,  I'd never have the guts to actually say that, unfortunately.  So instead of a well thought out, empowering monolouge, I did something I definitely regret. 

I ran. 

I went and ran to my room.

And cried.

I was so ready for this night to be perfect. 

But no. 

Every time something good happens, something bad has to happen to balance it out.

Rory likes me.

Rory makes a fool out of me. 

Alfie asks me out.

Rory shows up.

Before long, I hear a knock at my door. 

"They aren't leaving, I hope you know that." It was Blair. 

I decided to suck it up and go outside. Rory and Alfie weren't talking, but neither showed any sign of leaving.

They both tried to start talking when I came out, and I cut them both off.

"Alfie," I said, "give me a sec."

"Rory Dawson.  I don't know what makes you think you can screw me over, but I hope you know you aren't getting me back. You can't sweet-talk a girl right from the beginning, and have one of the biggest parties and not invite her.  Anyone that does that is certainly not worth my time, so I suggest you leave." I said firmly.

"I'm not leaving." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I really like you, and I screwed up really bad, I know, and I know you might just laugh in my face,  but I'm still going to ask you for another chance. " Rory said.

"You must be insane! I'm here to take her on a date and you still try to take her? What's your problem?" Alfie asked.  "Mere is an amazing girl, and if you think you can take advantage of her and then ask for another chance? That's sick."

Alfie wrapped his arm around me, but something didn't feel right.

They continued fighting. 

I looked at Blair.  

Neither of us knew what to do. 

They're still fighting?

I thought they'd be done by now, someone would've quit.

I ducked out from Alfie's arm. 

He didn't understand.

"If you two are going to stay here and fight like children,  then go ahead, but I want you to know something first.  As of now, I want nothing to do with either of you.  When you finally grow up, and can talk to me like I deserve, then you can come ring my doorbell.  Until then, please get off my property, and tresspassing is illegal.  Goodnight."

I stepped inside by Blair and slammed the door shut, and watched Alfie and Rory's shocked faces until they left. 

What have I gotten myself into?

Why me? I just got here!

Stuff like this isn't supposed to happen to the new girl. 

Cut me some slack.