Part 4

Cody

It's been about a month since I started talking to Ashton but we still haven't met and I'm starting to get suspicious. I'm on my way to lunch when I see my absolute least favorite person ever.

"Cody Jessica Jones. Haven't seen you in a while." He smirks, bringing back too many memories.

Flashback

"Cody get back here!" I feel a strong hand grip my arm, defiantly leaving a mark.

"Please let me go." I cringe at how pathetic my cracking voice sounds.

"I'll never let you go." He turns me around and pins me against a wall.

"I-I'll do whatever you want if you just let me go. Please. I just want to go home." I beg.

"Did you forget that your mom said you can stay here for the weekend?" His lips connect with my neck.

"Devin please let me go." I feel tears stream down my cheeks. 

"It's your birthday. You're supposed to spend it with someone you love. Don't you love me? Because I love you." He looks in my eyes with a look of hurt.

"O-of course I do." My heart aches at the thought of him not thinking I love him.

"Why are you crying?" He reaches up to wipe my tears away, I flinch at him raising his hand towards my face. 

"Why'd you do that?" He looks mad again.

"D-do what?" Terror fills my body.

"You flinched when I touched your face." He grabs my chin when I try to look away.

"I didn't mean to. I'm sorry." I try my best to smile at him.

"Did you think I was going to hurt you?" He keeps his tight grip on my chin.

"N-no." I lie.

"Yes you did." He looks pissed. 

"No I didn't. I love you." I out my hand on his cheek. He presses his face against my touch. 

"Come on." After a few minutes he grabs my arm again and drags me to his room.

"W-what are you doing?" I watch as he takes his shirt off and start to undo his jeans.

"We're going to have sex." He says like it's the most obvious thing ever.

"I told you I'm not ready." I back to the door.

"But I am. It's been six months." He looks at me.

"I don't want to." I cross my arms.

"Cody." He gets angry again. I turn on my heels and make a run for it but he's faster than me. Next thing I know, his arms are around my waist and I'm being carried back to his room. He throws my on his bed and rips my shorts off, leaving me in my t-shirt and underwear.

"You're going to love this." He puts his hands on either side of my head, trapping me.

"P-please don't do this. I'm not ready." Tears flow down my face again.

"Stop crying." He orders, moving my underwear out of the way.

End of flashback

"D-devin." I watch, frozen in my spot as he walks towards me.

"How have you been?" He reaches me, stopping in front of me.

"I have to get to lunch." I start to walk away but his hands hit the wall next to my head, trapping me in my spot.

"I think you can stay here for a little longer." He smiles down at me.

"What do you want?" I try not to show my fear.

"I haven't seen you since.." His voice trails off as he touches my cheek.

"Since you raped me?" I push his arm away and I start to walk away.

"Wait." He grabs my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yell.

"Or what?" He laughs.

"Devin. Let. Go." I try to breathe.

"Dude. She said let go." I hear a very familiar voice from down the hall. Luke.

"Luke. Hey buddy." Devin turns around, letting me go. I take the opportunity to run. I run right out the front doors and around the side of the building, sitting in the grass. Tears are streaming down my face and I pull my phone out. I click on the first name I can think of and let the phone ring.

"Hey babe." He answers on the third ring.

"A-ashton?" I sob.

"What wrong?" His tone changes from flirty to concerned.

"C-can you come get me? I need you." My voice is shaky.

"Yeah of course. Where are you?" He asks. There's a lot of noise in the background. He's at school..

"School." I mumble.

"I'll leave now and I'll be there in half an hour." He tells me.

"C-can you stay on the phone with me?" My heart is beating so fast it hurts.

"Of course." I can hear him walking. 

"Where are you going?" A muffled voice asks him.

"I have to take care of something." He sounds distracted. I feel bad, making him leave school.

"You don't have to come if you're at school. I wasn't thinking." I tell him.

"No. I'm coming." He says sternly.

Later

I'm sitting in the same spot as I was 25 minutes ago, when I see a red jeep pull up to the building. It's Ash, he gets out and runs over to me.

"What happened??" He sits in the grass next to me, pulling me against his chest. I can't answer, instead I just sob into his shirt.

"Let's go somewhere else." He says after a few minutes of me just crying.

"O-okay." I move and wipe my face off.

"Come on." He stand up, reaching he hand out. I take it, letting him pull me up. I hear a bell from inside the building, signaling that classes are changing. Once we get into his car, I pull my knees to my chest in my seat.

"Where are we going?" He asks me.

"Ice cream?" I say quietly.

"I don't know how to get anywhere around here." He looks at me.

"Turn right when you leave the school." I mumble. He does as told and within ten minutes we're at the ice cream place.