Chapter One: Those 8 Years Away

Someone’s PoV

She stood up, wearing a pink dress on the stage.

She looked at the crowd, clapping while standing up from their seats.

The piano beside her, the orchestra behind her, she bowed and smiled at them.

The famous pianist, Maria Santos, has just finished another concert in France, Paris.

After that, she went home, turning down any invitations from her seniors for a celebration.

She opened her door and threw herself on the bed.

“I’m beat!” she murmured, closing her eyes.

Maria Santos came here when she was 18. Back then, she never thought that she’d reach this far. She worked hard for four years…

And when she reached 23, she won several awards and had already traveled throughout Europe for concerts.

She planned to go home after that, but she just couldn’t leave everything here.

And so, she stayed there for eight years…

Eight long years without anyone with her…

Eight long years… Missing 17 people’s birthdays…

Missing one certain guy who made her heart skip beats.

She slowly got up and changed her clothes.

“I am going out for a walk… Spring is near~!” she told herself and went out.

She walked and walked and sat down on a bench at the park.

Maria has no connections to the Asahina Household for almost 3 years now…

All she knows is that Joan is already a composer; Kei is an idol; her sister Maya is now an interior designer; and the brothers are now happy and successful with their lives.

Sighing, she closed her eyes.

“It feels like yesterday… When I left Japan… When I left him…” she murmured, holding a book. “Hika-chan is really famous now. His works have already reached Europe… Hay~… I wonder how Ru-kun is doing now… All I know is Masaomi-san and Joan are married, that’s for sure… And I heard almost all of them have girlfriends and families… Wataru’s in college… Time sure flies fast…”

“Maria-sempai~!”

She looked around and saw a girl walking towards her.

“Nana-chan!” Maria exclaimed.

Nana sat down beside her. “What are you doing her, senior?” she asked.

“Relaxing… I’m so tired!” Maria said, stretching her arms out.

“Ne… Tell me more about your family back in Japan!”

“But I have told you everything I know…” she said, chuckling.

“Please~…”