Chapter 4 - The Date?

Hey guys, hope you're enjoying the story so far. I know it's been a slow start but I want to make sure I don't rush it! I'm going to try and update once a day but I've got a lot of homework to do so I might not always be able to. Don't forget to like and comment!

"Shit this looks like an expensive place," commented Anastasia as we walked into the restaurant. The lights were dimmed low and reflecting off the dark-panelled walls, they created a romantic atmosphere and a sense of coziness in the room, which was emphasised further by the couples and the groups of friends huddled around their tables. But mainly couples I noticed. "It's gorgeous" I replied, still admiring the decor. "And very romantic", whispered Tessa, "this is the kind of place you would take a date." She glanced at me with a knowing glint in her eye. "This is definitely not a date. They have girlfriends." I reminded her. "If you say so Miss I-know-everything-about-snowboarding" she shot back jokingly. This definitely wasn't a date.

"What do you guys think," asked Seb, looking at our faces for our reaction. "I love it." stated Bea. "Who picked it?". "I did", replied Ståle as suavely as ever, "I have fancy af taste. I know, I know", he complimented himself. My kind of guy. I thought to myself. "Can I help you?", asked the receptionist as we approached her to be seated. "I booked under McMorris", said Mark, resting an arm against the desk as he waited for her to find the booking. "Yes here you are. Follow me please.", she said coming round the desk to stand in front of us and once she was certain we were all ready to follow her, she proceeded to lead us swiftly to our table.

Once we were seated she handed us some menus and we quickly ordered a few drinks - non-alcoholic for us of course - and some appetisers because we were all starving. "So you guys are all under 21?" asked Darcy, looking a little shocked. "I'm not going to lie I thought you were older." "We're all 18", said Bea, "although I'm turning 19 in a couple of weeks and Anastasia in just over a month." "18?!" exclaimed Seb. "No way." "Yup" I replied. "We're still teens". The guys were all surprised because they obviously thought we were older. I caught Mark looking at me, probably wondering how I looked 18 since he seemed so confused. "So, Mark", I asked him, "you're dating a pro surfer right?" I was curious because 1) I had a little crush on him and 2) he kept checking me out and I wanted to know what was up. "Umm..." he started, looking suddenly a little upset. "They broke up", interrupted Ståle. That explains it. "Oh, I'm sorry." I told Mark. "Totally impolite that I brought it up." "It's okay, you didn't know", he replied and left it at that. You could tell that he wanted everyone to drop the subject. But I honestly had no idea that he and Coco had broken up and now I felt bad because he looked unhappy and a little heartbroken because I had brought it up. And this was meant to be a happy night. At the same time I couldn't help feeling a little relieved that he didn't have a girlfriend. It definitely justifies him being allowed to check me out.

"Darcy is dating a pro surfer if you wanted to know", interrupted Ståle again, lightening the mood. I looked over at Darcy who nodded and smiled. "Yeah she's cool. We've been dating for 2 years." he told us, looking happy as he described her to us. Her name's Malia and she's a surfer from Hawaii who competes in the World Surf League. Just like Coco come to think of it. Obviously there's something about surfers that snowboarders find attractive. It's a pity I don't know how to surf. "Dude she's so hot" said Seb to all of us, grinning at Darcy from across the table, definitely not caring that he was objectifying Malia. "Hands off Toots, she's mine" he shot back humorously. "Plus you've got your Marie who is a serious babe also." Guy humour. Even Mark joined in; he was back to his usual cute, smiling self, joking with them lightly about how he could easily make both girls fall in love with him and leave them. We girls just laughed. It was obvious that they were all just messing around. I decided to involve myself in the playful banter.