Chapter 11

Brooklyn's POV

I wake to a dark room and a heavy body weighing my lower half down. Justin's arms are circled around my waist, light snores escaping his lips ever-so-softly as his hair is sprawled over his face. My eyes scan the room for a clock on the wall until settling on the digital clock on the bedside table.

Of course, it would be right next to you, I mentally scold myself. It's 4:30 AM which explains why there is hardly any movement in the hallways - everyone's sleep. But the annual sounds of wheels scraping against the tiled floor echoes through the halls.

I feel an awful urge to pee, so I wriggle from under Justin's hold before sliding into my pink slippers. Fortunately, he shuffles in his sleep but doesn't wake - he's had a rough day yesterday, dealing with the pesky paps and all, so he deserves at least a full night of rest. Although I'm the one who should be getting the rest, I feel rather energetic, to say the least. "Ms. Brooklyn?" the familiar voice chimes, gently knocking on the door. Throughout my time in this dull and boring hospital I've grown to recognize that that's my nurse, Audrey, who mostly comes here to give me Advil or to simply check on me.

"Yes?" I ask, navigating myself around the bed and tangled cords before stopping in front of the restroom door. The short, petite woman emerges through the door with a brown clipboard in one hand and a cup of Starbucks Coffee in the other. "It's your lucky day today, your vital signs seemed to have normalized and your heart rate has slacked down, you can go home." she smiles, and I can't hold back the inhuman squeal that escapes my lips.

I can finally go out and enjoy that California sun. I can go tanning and swimming and - oh my gosh I'm so happy! Audrey nods at me before padding out of the room and closing the door after herself.

My first instinct is to wake Justin so we can get out of this horrid hospital. "Babe," I whisper, shaking his leg. He emits a moan but doesn't dare to open his eyes. "Babe," I say - more louder this time - and tug on his ankle. "Huh? What's going on? Wha-" His eyes frantically circle the room and I double over in laughter. His disoriented expression turns down into a frown as his gorgeous brown eyes settle on mine.

"That's not funny," he grumbles which makes me laugh even more.
"Babe, I can go home now," I say before closing the door to the restroom. I hear him mumbled something to himself but I choose to ignore his grumpiness. I trail out of the restroom after three minutes - never forgetting to wash my hands - and tugging on my jacket.

Justin's sitting on the edge of the bed adjacent from me, tinkering with his phone. "Why so early?" he asks, not ever making eye contact. "They decided I'm healthy enough to be discharged, now hurry up I'm tired of being here."

"Okay, okay. No need to get your panties in a twist," he jokes. I had already gathered up all my belongings that somehow made their way to the hospital room during my stay and now I'm waiting on him to do the same. As I stand here watching Justin slip his shoes on I notice that's he's been here the whole time. He had put everything on hold and decided to stay with me.

Now normally I'd think he'd be fitting extra studio time in or writing new songs but instead he was here with me. And I couldn't be more happy. We aren't official just yet but I couldn't care less about a title - as long as it's just us I'll take what I can get.

"Babe," he whines, his voice low and raspy. "I'm done, can we go now so I can sleep?" I nod, walking out of the door and Justin following suit. We walk down the halls of the hospital, my hand tracing the border of the wallpaper while Justin mopes behind. I guess he didn't really get much sleep last night.

* * * *

Before going to the receptionist desk I had told Justin to go to the car - he looked like he'd pass out at any time from being deprived of sleep so I did him a favor. As I'm walking through the slider doors I notice that the paparazzi are swarming around the car. The constant flashes and loud voices bring my attitude to an all time high and before I know it, I'm shoving my way through the hoards of people. "Dude, could you please move?" Justin says.