Prologue

There have been several rumours around this small town of Amoret, Missouri, with only 213 people for population, so as a result, rumours spread quite fast. For example, who's dating who to rumours such as this.

My name is Dr. Jeffery Gulingten. Pronounced as 'Galeantan'. Age, 32. And I work as a psychologist. With such a small town, I am the only psychologist here. I love my job, it was never difficult. The most extreme problem I had to bear has been from the loss of someone.

But today... it's different. There has been rumours about this 'mad' girl. Not the angry term, the crazy one. She has been claiming that she is being haunted, or something absurd along the lines, by her boyfriend, who died of an unknown illness. And although I don't believe in ghosts, or anything similar, But when she came by my office, she seemed stressed. Her hair was in a messy bun, her clothes seemed as if she was, well, unorganized. Her eyes showed fear, or fright.

But what caught my attention the most, wasn't her appearance. It was more of her neck. Scratch marks, no, they were more like, well, as if someone tried to choke her, more than once.

I stopped staring, as it seemed she looked uncomfortable. She was a 19 year old, young girl. She caught me off guard when she jumped straight to the point.

"My boyfriend died, not so long ago, by this unrecognized illness. He died slowly, the doctor told me it was anemia or something, I don't, uh, remember... The point is he looked paler and paler by day, until one day, his heart died. The doctors couldn't explain it. The, uh, point is, every time I went to visit him, he had these, uh, bug bites, I guess. The doctors think it's that. But... I know I might sound crazy but... I'm not! I promise! He had more marks around his neck, I suspected it, but he was always so weak... to answer! Until he finally passed away... It was devastating, really... But, he's come back... I think... I think he's a vampire that's come to get me back..."

I just sat there, shocked, really. I couldn't comprehend anything, a vampire? Though I didn't believe anything, I was interested in this bizarre story.

"Continue, please."