10 - Saw

After we left the dorm, Carrie brought me to her hometown. We lived in her old house, just the two of us. She said that she never told anyone where she came from, so we should be safe there. But she said that we should still be extra careful, so she turned off our phones since the past few days.

I got a full-time job at a restaurant near the house. The owner is Carrie's relative. I liked working there because the owner treated me really nicely. She always serves me a tasty black bean noodle or any dish that I want after the service.

Carrie also worked part-time there. She would finish her shift after lunch, and come back home before dinner. I wanted to ask where did she go during that time and what did she do, but I couldn't. Because she always looked so sad and exhausted every time she got home.

Maybe she's looking for another job. I knew how much she loves her job as a stylist. She cares a lot about fashion. But unfortunately, our job in the restaurant was nowhere near fashion.

I would be happy if I could go home without looking like a sweaty pig and smelling like grilled meat. But that's the best thing that I could get at the moment, so it was bearable.

The only thing that wasn't bearable was my longing for Daniel. There's not a single moment that I could stop thinking about him. I miss him so much, sometimes I would close my eyes for a moment. Hoping that when I opened them, everything would just go back to normal, and I would see Daniel, smiling, in front of me. But it never happened.

Since I couldn't use my phone, I've been trying to write some books. Somehow it helps me to ease the pain of missing Daniel.

I would be writing some fanfics with Daniel as the main lead, about everything that we did, that I wanna do to him, and that I want him to do to me, based on my imagination. Sometimes I would fall asleep as I was writing because I poured my heart and mind too much in my books.

"What the hell are these?!" Carrie yelled one day when I got back to my room after I took a shower.

I was shocked to see her. She usually wouldn't come home until right before dinner, so I used that time to write my books because I knew that she wouldn't be happy if she knew about it.

"It's nothing," I said as I quickly snatched the books from her.

"It's not nothing. Why are you writing these things? What were you thinking?" she asked as she snatched the books back.

"It's just a fanfiction. Please. Give it back," I said as I tried to take them back, but she didn't let me.

"Have you forgotten how much trouble a fan fiction could cause?" she reminded the huge mess that Daniel had to go through, because of a fanfiction.

"Of course I remember. How could I forget? Trust me, I also feel really bad, but I don't know what else to do to survive from my longing for him other than this," I said tearfully.

"I know. But if someone found this, you're gonna be in big trouble, and possibly Dan too," she said as she looked at me in the eyes.

I knew she's right, but ...
I can't. I just can't.

"Please, don't take them away from me. Please," I begged as I got on my knees.

"I'm sorry, but this has to stop. Believe me, I also feel bad for doing this to you, but we can't risk it. I hope you understand," she said as she kneeled down and wiped my tears.

"How am I gonna live now?" I thought to myself before I crumbled down in tears.

A few moments after that

"I'm flying back to the city tonight to take care of something. But don't worry, I'm gonna be back first thing tomorrow morning. You take care alright?" she said as she patted my head after I calmed down a bit.

I looked at her worriedly, but I couldn't get myself to stop her from going.

"Please go back safely," I said.

"I will," she said as she smiled.

The next morning

It's already a few hours after her plane landing schedule, but Carrie hadn't come to the restaurant. I was really worried so I told the owner that I needed to go home to check.

"Hhh. She didn't bring her phone. Where are you?" I said worriedly when I also couldn't find her at home.

I started to panic, so I decided to go to the airport to check.

When I got to the airport, I was surprised when I saw a lot of people and paparazzi were gathering in front of the arrival gate.

"Who's coming?" I asked a girl beside me.

Ever since I couldn't use my phone, I really had no idea what's going on in the outside world.

"You don't know?! It's Wanna One! They're gonna film a CF here! Oh My God! I'm so excited!" she said enthusiastically.

I gasped as I covered my mouth. I couldn't believe my ears, and my ... eyes ...

Photo Credit: Kang Daniel

I saw him, walking so confidently, like a king. Shining so brightly, that even those camera flashes couldn't relate. Radiating an aura that could make people forget how to speak and breathe. He's just so beautiful beyond belief. I was blinded by his ethereal beauty, just like the first time I saw him.

"It's him. It's really him. Kang Daniel, my Superstar," I said in my mind.

I felt tears running down my eyes.

"I miss you so much," I said before I broke down in tears.