12 - Lie

I looked at Daniel nervously as he was walking towards me. I was worried if I move then he would vanished into a thin air, just like a dream.

I looked up carefully when he put out his hand to me. I cleaned my hands before I took his hand hesitantly when he helped me up.

"It feels real," I said as I looked at his hand while touching it.

"It is real," he said.

I gulped as I looked up to him hesitantly when I heard his voice. I really wanted to believe that it was real, but it couldn't be. Why would he be there?

"Can I ask you just for one favor?" I asked as I grabbed his hand tight.

"Sure. Tell me. What is it? Anything for you, my love," he said as he brushed my hair gently with his fingers.

"If this is a dream, please don't wake me up. I would rather live in this dream and be with you," I said as I touched his cheek hesitantly.

I felt tears were running down my eyes when his cheek felt so real on my hand.

"I'm sorry. It must've been so hard for you," he said as he grabbed my hand on his cheek.

I felt his hand was warm on mine.

"You are real," I said before I grabbed his shirt tightly as I planted my face on his chest and cried.

"Hey. It's okay. I'm here. This is not a dream," he said as he hugged me then kissed the top of my head.

He rested his chin on my head as he patted my back when I kept crying on his chest.

"How did you find me?" I asked as I looked at him when I calmed down a little bit.

"I will always find you. Even if you're hiding in a crowd like at the airport earlier," he assured.

"You saw me?" I asked in disbelief.

I couldn't believe that he could find me among those crowds.

"Of course I did. How could I miss to spot the one person that I love so much right under my nose?" he said as he smiled.

Then I hugged him tight as I cried.

"Let's go home," he said as he stroked my back.

"I can't," I said as I pushed him away then wiped my tears.

"What do you mean?" he asked confused.

"This is my home now. I have no place anymore there," I said as I looked away.

"Look. I heard about what happened. Let's just tell them that we're together that night. I'm gonna give them the recording as well to proof your alibi," he said as he pulled my face to look at him.

"What? Are you out of your mind? You're gonna be in big trouble if you do that," I said annoyed.

"You're right. I miss you so much I think I'm gonna lose my mind. I will do anything to be with you, even if it means that I'm gonna be in a trouble. I just wanna be with you," he said as he cupped my cheeks.

I grabbed his hands then put them down slowly as I took a step back.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I appreciate that he would do that for me, but I would never ever let him destroy his dream just merely for a fling, especially if it was with me. He deserves so much better than just me.

I looked at our reflection on a glass wall which clearly shown how different we were. I didn't wear any makeup, because even if I did, it would've definitely already washed off by sweat.

It was so hot in the kitchen and my hair often got in the way, so I just put it up into a messy bun roughly. The actual messy bun, not the preppy cute looking bun.

My clothes were filthy and dampened in sweat, dirt, water, and soap. I got cuts here and there from picking up cracked plates and scrubbing floors. I smelled like a roasted meat. I was a mess.

But he was a complete opposite. His face was so beautiful even without makeup. Every strand of his hair was styled really nicely. He was wearing a bright lime sweater, which suits his skin tone. His skin was flawless and glowing. And he smelled so good.

How could I even ever dream of being with someone so perfect like him? I should really know my place.

"But I don't," I lied as I looked at him coldly.

I clenched my hands because it's hurting me to hurt him like that. But I gotta do it. I had to make him to leave me.

"What?" he asked confusedly.

"I miss you and wanna be with you too, but I'm not interested in getting into any trouble with you," I lied.

"You don't mean it," he said doubtfully.

"No. It's true. You have no idea how hard it was these past few days already for me because I got accused of something that I didn't do. And now you wanna do what? Tell the management about what happened that night between us? Oh please. How long do you think that news will be kept until it comes out to light? If your fans found out, I'm gonna be finished. They're gonna attack me harshly online and offline, and start digging on my past, and my family. No. I don't wanna go down that road," I lied as I shook my head.

"I told you. I know it's been hard for you, and it's gonna be even harder if people found out about what happened. But please, just bear with me for a little more. I promise you, I'm gonna find a way," he said as he grabbed my hands.

"You've said that so many times, but you haven't done anything for me. I'm the only one who suffered all along," I lied as I yanked his hands off me.

"Stop. I know what you're trying to do here. So just cut the crap, will you? Because I'm not giving up on us," he said as he clenched his jaw.

"Us? There is no us Daniel. Never was and never will. I'm just one of your fans, and you're just one of my idols. We just happen to be attracted to each other enough to screw around. Nothing else, nothing special," I lied as I scoffed.

"Stop it. You know exactly that's not how we mean to each other," his voice started to sound cold.

"Well, I don't know about you, but that's exactly how it means for me. Why do you think I was okay with us messing around without a status? It's because that's just how far I wanna go with you, Daniel. I ...," I kept lying but he cut me.

"I said stop it! (y/n) is not that kind of person," he insisted.

"Do you even know me? Do you know how many idols that I like other than you? I'm gonna act like that too if I got a chance to get close to them," I lied as I scoffed again.

"Then why did you cry earlier? You even said that you wanna live in a dream just to be with me," he said coldly as he clenched his hand.

"I just got carried away, because it's been so hard these days for me. I just wanna live in a dream, so I don't have to deal with all of this bullshit. So now if you still have a plan to tell them about what happened that night, I'm just gonna leave this country before my life get even more miserable than it already is," I lied before I turned around to walk away.

I would do anything to protect him. Even if it means that I have to get away from him.