14 - Worthy

"I miss you," Daniel pecked my forehead as we're catching our breaths after he put my legs down.

"Me too," I replied before I hugged him when I started crying.

I heard him sobbing softly too.

When we both calmed down, we cleaned ourselves up before went inside the restaurant, ready to get bombarded.

"Huh? Where's everyone?" I asked confusedly when I saw that there was nobody inside the restaurant.

"I know they're such a good friends. I love them," he said with a proud smile when we saw everyone was barbecuing at the front yard.

The boys texted Daniel to get all the time we need because they had kept everyone far away from where we did the deed, so we wouldn't get caught in action.

We decided to go back to the side garden because it's still dangerous if someone saw me. We sat on a swing, holding hands as we told each other about everything that happened since we're separated.

"Please just wait for a few more days. I promise, I'm gonna clear up your name and bring you back to the dorm," he grabbed my hands tightly.

An unsure nod was all I could do at that point. I knew that there's only a slim chance to proof that I was innocent without putting him in danger. And I don't want that.

"Hey, I'm gonna proof to you that I am a man of action. Trust me," he cupped my cheeks, probably noticed that I was worried.

I didn't want him to worry about me, so I changed the subject.

"Well, you just proof that to me," I ran my finger on his chest with a sly smirk on my face, referring to what he did earlier.

"Yeah. Try lying to me again and you know what's gonna happen," he warned pinching my chin before pulling me in for a kiss.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just ...," I explained while looking down, but he cut me.

"You're just trying to protect me. I know. But please, don't do that again, just stay with me no matter what. Being away from you was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Promise that you'll never leave me again. Hmm?" he said stroking my hair gently to get me to look up to him.

"I promise," I said as I swiped my thumb on his cheek before I kissed him.

Then Daniel got a text from Ben that they need to go back to the city. I smiled when I sent him away, but suddenly he ran back to hug me.

"Please, don't go anywhere. I'll be right back. I promise," he cupped my cheeks.

I nodded with a smile.

"I love you, my girlfriend," he made a love sign with his hand while walking backwards.

I asked him to turn around because I was worried that he might get tripped.

"I'll see you soon," he waved with a smile before finally turning around then left.

When I got home, I gasped when Carrie suddenly ran to hug me.

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" she asked as she observed me carefully making sure that I wasn't hurt or anything.

And then I told her what happened, except for the Daniel banged me against the door part, of course.

"So Ben was sincere then," she mumbled softly while staring blankly at the floor.

"Hmm?" I looked at her confusedly.

"Ben caught me when I was looking for you at the restaurant earlier. He told me that he's gonna clear our names, and bring us back. But ...," she paused.

"But?" I hooked.

"I'm still not sure if we should trust him or not," she said looking at me.

"Why?" I asked still not getting it.

"I didn't wanna tell you this because I know that you're gonna be worried, but I think you should know," she said while grabbing my hands.

"I managed to get some pictures and contact numbers of some of the sasaeng who got us into this mess. I told them that I won't take them to the police as long as they told me how did they do it. That's why they agreed to meet me in the city this morning. They told me that someone from inside the company tipped them off. That person gave them the schedule, unreleased songs, access to the management building, and even helped them to put the tracking device on the cars. They said that they have proofs, but they won't give me any name or any proof until I can give them some kind of insurance that they won't be charged if something happen," she explained.

"I-I-I don't understand. Why would you ... Hhh ...," I didn't know what to say because I was just too overwhelmed.

Carrie had not just sacrificed her job for me, but also her safety just to find proof that I didn't do it. And so did Daniel, Ben, and probably the boys too.

Carrie was panicked because I wouldn't stop crying no matter what she did, until I finally fell asleep in her embrace.

Third person P.O.V

"I know that you're worried about me, but trust me, I'm fine, and I'm doing this for me. After all, I'm the one who dragged you into this, so I'm the one who have to fix it," she whispered softly while raking your hair gently with her fingers.

You were sleeping so peacefully beside her. Your eyes were still swollen from the breakdown earlier.

"And you know what, I'm just glad that despite everything, you're still here with me. I feel like you're my sister that I never had. Don't worry okay? We'll get through this together. Everything is gonna be alright. I love you. Good night," she continued whispering then pecked your temple before she left the room.

End of Third person P.O.V

I couldn't stop my tears from flowing when I heard the door closed. My eyes was closed, but I wasn't sleeping. I couldn't sleep because I was contemplating if I should just stop and go back to my home country so that everything would just go back to normal for everybody.

Everyone was risking and hurting because of me, yet I couldn't do anything because I didn't know how to fix it. And I wasn't even sure if I was worthy of any of that.

"God, what should I do?" I prayed as I curled my body to hug my knees tightly.