Goodbye Beckford

Sneaking one last glance out of the car window, you wave goodbye to Beckford, the "City of Spring". 'More like the city of rich, considering the amount of bitches in it' you thought. Then again, Haylee was okay, being your best friend since  year 2.  Your mum broke the silence.
"Y/N, can you pass me my handbag? I need to call Marj."
Right. Marjorie Hatkin, the principal of your new school in... where was it, anyway? Oh, right. The  center of  New Oxford.  Hawking City Academic College was THE most prestigious school in the state, and because your parents had gotten jobs there, you were accepted, even though everybody would maintain the that is was your mathematical talents.
Well, almost everybody. Bella-rose was the biggest, baddest, brattiest bitch in Beckford High, and as fake as a Rolex in a Dollar King. Her parting words still stuck with you, however.

Memory: last day of school. Ext. back gate.

Bella-rose sashayed over to you, loudly snapping her gum, girl gang behind her. Leaning forward, hip cocked, her brats surrounded you.
"So, Y/N, congratulations."
"You have invented a new kind of stupid," you mumbled under your breath.
That earned a pout and a raised eyebrow from Bella.
"As I was saying! Congrats. You got into the most prestigious school in the STATE. Good job."
" I guess."
"I'm NOT FINISHED! Ahem. Good job, Mr. And Mrs. L/N."
"What? My PARENTS?"
"Yep, considering that they were the ones who got the jobs, and so the school was forced to take you."
You frown, realising that, for the first time, she was right.
Job done, she sauntered off, leaving you to your doubtful thoughts.

Present day

The car turned a corner, and you lost sight of Beckford, lost to winding roads.