Bullets Flying

"Drive."

The gunman stood facing the driver, gun cocked at her head.

You saw her stiffen, then slam her foot on the accelerator. with a lurch, the bus roared down an empty street, going 100kph. Suddenly, she slams her foot on the brake.

Thump. Every passenger's head hits the front of the seat in front. The gunman goes flying into the front of the bus, dazed. His gun skids across the floor, and he groans, reaching for it.

Seizing the opportunity, you yank out the hammer attached to the wall and swing it into the glass. The window shatters, and a passenger helps you shove all the glass out of the pane. Once it is all gone, you grab your bag and jump out of the window. Safe, you sprint along the footpath through the pouring rain. Slipping, you run under the awning of a small corner shop and sit, watching. There's a woman calling the police, and from your position a few metres away, the bus driver has gotten out of her seat.

you watch as she kicks the gun up the aisle. She has a bleeding cut above her temple, and her hair is escaping the neat tied back style. Her name tag is snapped, hanging halfway off. Dimly you remember her hitting her head against the wheel when she braked. She kicks the gunman in the stomach, winding him, and uses cable ties to tie his wrists together.

just then, you hear sirens, growing steadily louder. The police. Thank God they're here. Pulling up, officers slowly approach the bus, whose doors open to reveal the cable-tied gunman and the driver. she steps out, nearly collapsing with exhaustion. After a quick conversation, where they escort the passengers onto the steps and give out shock blankets, she points you out of the crowd. A policewoman brings you a blanket and kneels down to talk to you.

"Hello, I'm officer Green. Are you okay?"

"ye-yeah, I'm okay."

She takes you over to the small group, where the driver and two officers are talking.

"Miss Church here tells us that you were the one to smash the window while the man was occupied

"Miss Church here tells us that you were the one to smash the window while the man was occupied." She gives you a kind smile.

"I- yeah. I texted my friend, and she has Guide training, and she said that's what I should do, so yeah."

Officer Green places a hand on your shoulder.

"May I have both your names? I believe that all three of you deserve recognition."

Hesitant, you reply.

"Y/N L/N and my friend's name is Charlotte Kelly."

She smiles and writes them down on a notebook. "Well, let's take you home."

God, you're gonna be grounded for months after this. But now, you rest, leaning your head back against the plastic seat cover of the cop car, listening to the muted sounds of driving outside your window, as you travel home. Where you'll be  s a f e.

hey...

*laughs nervously* i hope you like it??

take this trash out of my hands please; i never wanna see it again.

til next chapter, bye!