40.5: The End

THINGS SUDDENLY HAPPENED and many people died.

Lorrie, who everyone thought to be merely obsessed with Fei Long actually brought a gun. When she saw how loving he was with Feng Mian, she was riddled with jealousy and anger. Her hand reached out for her gun strapped around her thigh and aimed.

Dean saw this first and rushed subconsciously to save Feng Mian and Fei Long out of the bullet's range, but Denise was just after him.

When the scary mafia boss thought he could actually lose his other half before his eyes, his great flexibility sprang up and pulled Dean behind him as he dived to shield Feng Mian and Fei Long from the coming bullet.

The first bullet was supposed to miss, but when Denise tried to determine the projectile of the bullet, he was shot because the shooter was not part of his calculation. Lorrie was not a good shooter. He immediately fell on the floor as another shot was heard, this time, it hit Feng Mian on her head.

When everyone realized what happened, Dean was already fumbling around to wake up the dying Denise whose lips trickled with warm blood. Tears spilled from both their eyes, sadness, love and regret.

Fei Long was no better, with Feng Mian dead in his tight embrace. He was crying so heart wrenchingly that he had forgotten everything else. All he knew was his heart was broken and so was he.

Then panic roused and everyone were racing to call 911, but it was too late.

[Welcome, Host and Host of System 99.]

Was what both Feng Mian and Denise heard, both surprised at seeing each other in the darkness with only the dim light from the monitor before them.

"What? What about Fei Long? Where is he?!" She was worried, anxious and heartbroken. She realized too quickly she had died once again.

Denise was no better as he clutched his chest, trying to restrain the unbearable pain. "...Dean.."

Then simultaneously, another mechanical voice resounded over the other.

[Host, there was a compl—]

[Hey, Denise- I mean, host. You died too soon this time!] Although System 99's voice was cold and mechanical, the words spilled was mocking.

Denise had no heart to argue with his bastard System, even not questioning why Feng Mian was also with him in the System Loading Base.

"What is going on... Tell me." She was growing angry from so much sadness. She hated not being able to control her situation. The last time she died, she was immediately awakened in another body.

[Host, you can call me System 233 and I was supposed to come with you, but your sudden death immediately reloaded you to another world with System 99 already in it. It was impossible for me to join you. Only one system can exist in each world.]