OBSESSION #8

#OBSESSION-08

"Chloe.." Beca said softly while stroking Chloe's auburn hair. She's loving it the softness of it. "You awake?"

 "No..." Chloe giggled against Beca's chest. Beca frowned.

"You're awake." Beca said.

"I'm not." Chloe said sarcastically. Beca playfully hissed.

"Okay."

"What is it?"

"You're sleeping, why would I tell you." Beca said playfully, Chloe kissed Beca's chest.

"Do you think I'm really sleeping?"

"No."

"Good. Now tell me, my idiot." Chloe said.

"I saw a dead black cat on the trash can, did you see that?" Beca hesitantly asked. She doesn't want to ask coz she doesn't want to make the redhead startle but she saw a sudden shift on Chloe's face, she looked away.

"No, there's one?" Chloe asked back. Beca nodded.

"It has a stab on it's head, Chlo... um. I didn't do anything to that—

"I know, I know. I'm just kidding when I told you no, I did that."

Beca finally looked back on her with shock. "What?"

"No—I mean yes but it's an accident. I saw that cat entering the window so I shooed it but it almost scratched me so I tackled it and accidentally stabbed—I didn't mean it okay, I'm just startled." Chloe explained with sincerity and Beca just nodded.

Few moments later, Beca hugged her for a while before exhaling an air. "That's deep."

"Do you think... if I were just living with a normal life—

"You're normal, Beca. Stop saying that." Chloe cut off.

"Okay." Beca paused. "What if I'm living a life like you have before, like, my father didn't chain me in bed and locked me up in an empty room, and he's just teaching me stuffs when I was a kid, I wouldn't feel the need of killing people like him?" Beca asked, hopeful.

Chloe sighed. "I don't really know.. maybe yes? Maybe no?"

"You know, after my father died. My mom took me and taught me a lot of things. I enjoyed it but it's not enough. she said, I'm already 16 yet I still don't know how to speak so she brought me to the doctor. I stayed there for a while and I learned to speak and sing. They made my mouth exercise so I can pronounce words right. I didn't know why my mom was suprised but the doctor told me I have an IQ of 149 points—

Chloe abruptly pulled back and looked at her with wide eyes. "149?!"

Beca frowned. "Yes?"

"What the hell? How long have you been there?"

"The doctor said 2 months?"

"Holy shit. You learned to speak for just 2 months!" Chloe exclaimed in amusement. "Babies learned to speak properly for 5 years!"

"Really? I didn't know that." Beca looked down. "Maybe that's the reason why she pressured me to go to school—

"You did go to school?"