Y/N Song

Shawn's POV

I was going to write a song for Y/N. She is just so beautiful and strong and her eyes light up in the sun. She's everything I could ever want or wish for. Im so lucky to have her in my life.

I sat down on my bed with my notebook and my guitar. I started strumming some random chords and wrote down some lyrics, when my mom came in.

"Hey, buddy. What are you doing?" My mom asked me coming over to my bed.

"Just writing a song for Y/N." I replied, writing some chords down and then looked up at my mom.

"You really like her don't you?"

"Yeah, I really do." I said and smiled at the thought of her.

"Can I hear what you have so far?"

"Sure." I started playing and singing the lyrics I have.

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest, and I fall in love with every breath, wonder if those eyes are really shut, and am I the one you're dreaming of? 'Cause underneath the darkness, there's a light that is trying so hard to be seen, and I know this, cause I'm noticed, a little bit shining through the seams. And if this is what it takes, then let me be the one to bear the pain, oh if this is what it takes, I'll break down these walls that are in our way, if this is what it takes"

"That was beautiful. I can tell that she is going to love it."

"Thanks mom. I was thinking if playing it for her when it's done. I just remember being in the room after the accident, seeing her lying there motionless and wondering, if she's ever going to wake up. I blamed myself for everything that happened to her. I feel like if I was more careful, this never would have happened. Sometimes, I wish it was me who was hurt instead, so she wouldn't have to feel the pain. I wish I could take all her pain away, I would do anything to protect her and keep her safe. No matter what it would take."

"Shawn, hunny. You know it's not your fault. Accidents happen. There's nothing you can or could have done. She's okay, and that's all that should matter. Trust me, I bet she doesn't blame you for any of this. She will need you now and you need to be strong for her. Okay? Promise me that, promise me that you will be there for her."

"Okay, mom, I promise that I will be there for Y/N. I love you, mom."

"I love you too. Speaking of Y/N, she brought you something earlier. It's downstairs if you want it." My mom got up and left.

I laid my guitar on my bed and ran downstairs. I found a guitar pick with Y/Ns name on it in fancy writing with a note beside it. I can't believe what it says...

Dear Shawn,

I finally figured it out, the day I met you at school, I knew you looked familiar to me and know I know why. You are Shawn Mendes, the famous singer, but you are also the little boy that I use to play with in my backyard when we were younger.

Our mom's are high school friends and used to hangout with each other all the time! One day all of a sudden you guys stopped coming over to play and I would ask my mom every day, "When is Shawn coming over? Why doesnt Shawn come over anymore?" And she would never have an answer. I'm glad we are together now, you grew up so beautifully. You mean everything to me Shawn Mendes and I'm glad I can call you mine again. I love you forever and always.

Love Y/N

"I love you too, Y/N. Forever and always."