Chapter 19~ Family Collision

ft. Hirari Hirari by Hatsune Miku

Remember the time when Luka told us that we'd talk stuff over school? Well, today's that day. Wonder what she has to say for herself.

"I'm glad you came. I thought you didn't want to talk to me." she said.

"Actually, we don't. Curiosity just took over me. What did you want to talk about?" I said.

"It'll be a long story... You wanna hear it?"

"Duh! You were the one who asked us to come here!"

"Right, right. Cool your head."

Just as she said, I did so. We're supposed to go help with the prom decorations and stuff. But like I said, curiosity took over me.

She took a deep breath then sighed. Her mouth slowly opened.

Just then, someone called out to us.

"You people! Don't tell me you sneaked out of classes just to hang out here?" 

"No, not really." said Luka, "Sorry. I'll tell you some other time."

With that, we left the corner of the field then went back to our classrooms.

Great. That just made me even more curious.

Okay... We've gotta make giant flowers made out of Japanese paper. And ribbons with the same material then we're gonna combine the flowers to form a big one. Cul thought of this and asked me if I could make them cause she'll be monitoring the student's work. Hmm... We could also use some balloons along with the paper. I called out to Cul and explained to her.

♪"When the season is spinning, spinning. Please embrace the scattering ties. Strongly, strongly so that they won't be lost. Unable to move from the weight of the embraced words. I fell into a warm dream. When I woke, it was after I lost you."♪

"I see. That's a very good idea. But we'll need balloons colored with 'love'." she said.

I nodded in agreement and went back to my work area. So, I thought it'd be great to fill an arc with these paper flowers for the Prom King and Queen with a banner on top saying, 'Couple of the Night' or something. But who could help me with the banner? This arc isn't gonna design itself.

"Hi Lina! Working hard, I see!" Kaito waved at me as he walked over.

I glanced at him and said, "Well, almost. I need quite a lot of help with this arc."

"Let me help you then! Miku-chan and Gakuya are busy with a meeting about the events in Prom."

"Okay, thanks!"

The bell rings, time to go home and continue this tomorrow. I peeked at the clock on my phone. It's already 4:20pm. Quite late, and I am getting kinda hungry. Me and Kaito gathered the finished flowers on a cardboard box. Then his phone quietly vibrates in his pocket. He reached for his phone.

He said that the four of us could go to the arcade before we go home. I smiled and nodded.

"Good work making that arc look majestic, Lina!" Cul walked over and glanced at the arc.

"It's not done yet though, but I hope you like the idea with the banner and stuff." I said.

"I love it! The paper flowers look so real when you combined the colors like that!"

After some time chatting with Cul, Gakuya and Miku came back. Giving the decorations some thought, everything seems to be recycled. It makes me smile but the thought keeps hitting me that, 'Is it okay like this? I mean, high-class alumni from different schools are coming.' Are my decorations okay? Well, I really shouldn't worry about it since everyone worked so hard.