Birthday Party Planning Committee

It's the next morning and we're hurrying off to the circus ground to see how the big cats were doing. Not surprising, Tomo is already here. He says they did look like they were improving quite a lot. Thankfully we had the medicine Minpha gave us for that strange but easy favor for what could have cost us a lot of money. In a few more days, we'll finally have them up and ready to perform again. I go walking over to my little area to see what day it lands on in my calendar. I first saw the month. March... I look at the day for today and it's the fifteenth... Tomorrow is Takashi's birthday... Fuck! I haven't gotten him anything! I wonder if the others remembered, so we can go buy cake and all that for a party. While Takashi is distracted with petting one of the tigresses, I whisper to Tomo and Yusuke to come with me.

"Pssst! Hey, come over here," I made us form a huddle.

"What? Why are we whispering," Yusuke asked me.

"Did any of you two remember it's Takashi's birthday tomorrow?!"

"Ah! Shit! No! What the fuck," Tomo scream-whispered.

"Noo! I forgot too, but it's only because we've been so distracted with what's been happening recently! I feel so bad," Yusuke pointed out.

"Okay, okay, it's fine, we can do this! What can distract him for hours until we're finished buying everything...," I started off the question.

Each of us looked at each other and said in unison, "Minion marathon."

"But who's gonna watch it with him," Tomo asked.

"Umm, I actually have no idea who he's comfortable at all with... He's so distant with everyone else except us... Do you two have any suggestions?"

"I was gonna say he can be with one of the girls you're close with..., but I think that's a bad idea now that I think about it...," Yusuke tried to suggest.

"I have a stupid idea, but what about Chizuru," I suddenly thought.

"Chizuru? Why him," they both asked.

"Look at his business card. He has a minion on it. He likes them too!"

"OHH, but will he agree," Tomo questioned.

"Why not? It's Takashi," Yusuke laughed a little at my comment.

We break the huddle knowing what to do so I walk over to Takashi, "Hey, Taka-chan!"

"Mm," he makes the sound without looking at me, still petting the soft fur of the tigress.

"I was wondering if you could do a favor for me. Can you go with one of my friends to fix one of my suits that got torn?"

He stands up slowly and looks straight at me. Why am I so scared that he's going to suddenly hit me...?!

"Sure! No problem! Which friend?"

I point to one of the girls doing stretches, "Her. The one with the pink hair."

"Oh. One of the girls you brought in when they didn't have a home. She looks busy though..."

"No, no! She's just stretching until I had you go over to her," I tried to make up an excuse until we brought Chizuru.

"Alright. I'll go," He walks with no haste towards her.