2) Dreams can come true

year 1994                                           

Unknown sounds of street cars woke me up in the late morning when I opened my tough sleepy eyelids and realised I was lying on the slick cold floor only in a short towel covering my back and half of my butt. Why was I lying on the floor? Why was I in towel? I even had some washed, barely visible sign on my left wrist. The water probably washed it. I guess I had a shower but why was I on the floor? I got up and found myself in the middle of a livingroom. It surely wasn't mine. It had no black couch, no books of mine on the wood cupboard, no paintings of lakes and horses on white tall walls, no bunch of stupid school papers and notebooks, seriously, nothing of mine. I went in the bedroom which was clearly more spatial and wider but there were no Muse posters, Muse drawings in big drawer, no shelves with a serial of Game Of Thrones books or any other book of my collection! There was no board with important labels I need for my school, for my future plans and myself! I was terrified! I was in someone's home, it surely looked like I have a drowsy morning. Wait, what was the sign on my wrist? I looked it up and it said 'MUSE'. Yes, it was a Muse logo on it. Why? No one knows. I went in front of the mirror and saw a ragged nappy naked girl with eyes barely opened. Don't tell me I looked like I just got raped because that's a disgusting thought to declare, but yes it looked like it. The only difference is that I was alone. I was sure 'cause it was silence, I could only hear few cars passing by probably twice an hour. I suppose the street wasn't so busy and loud during the day so yeah, I had to organize and orientate myself. I peeked through the window and saw one white and one blue van next to small yard. The cars looked so old like they just got out of early 00's. But wait, was I wrong? The small group of teenagers passed by in some dark tracksuits. The clothes was pathetic. Weally, I needed to say that. But the main thing that opened my eyes and cleared my mind were their haircuts. Seriously, two boys had long hair like mine just greasy and shiny on sun and three girls had different haircuts but similar hairdress with pony tails and ribbons. They looked younger than me though. I'm sometimes glad I'm older than someone because it makes me feel adult and confident and.. just older. Which I like but at this moment I was more pathetic and helpless than they looked in their clothes. They were yelling something and standing next to small yard palm discussing about some pictures they held and changed to each other. I decided to take on some clothes and get out of this prison which was pretty modern and nice. I'm totally lost, confused and no one without any informations about anything. Especially about the time which I needed to know now.

I went back to the bedroom to put on some skinnies and shirt but when I opened the closet I neither found any skinnies neither any female shirt that would match to my body shape. Actually, everything was male and looked like a sack. I had a bad luck with this, and I needed to be dressed. Nothing else, but yes, I put male checkered shirt, some jeans and old sneakers on 'cause i haven't had anything better. But hey, I looked cool though. And of course, I had no make-up on myself or in any bathroom cabinet, and I had miserable wrinkles. Hope no one will notice I'm a female transvestite. If that.. even.. existed.. in this time I am. I was sure now that something strange happened which dragged me back in time. Now I was sure I'm not in present anymore but I wasn't completely conscious about it. The thing I had to know is how to manage myself here and where am I? And why do I keep staring at the tattoo on my left wrist?

                                                     ***

I couldn't find any keys of the house I've just been in, so I left it opened and went away acting like I wasn't there. Kept an eye on the small group of friends that were in front of that house 'cause they were looking at me as I'm some burglar amateur. Who fucks them, I just needed someone to tell me where am I and in what time. 'Cause I had similar dream and I exactly knew how to manage myself. I realised that dreams can come true. If they are big enough they will become a reality. Well, I wasn't expecting the dream from my early age would become reality at this teen age though. Life's unpredictable, I guess. But now, if I get to some passenger and if he tells me what is this place, I'm pretty sure I'll know what to do if this past time is my early life. I'll be one step ahead of the time.

I was walking down the street Inverteign Drive (as I read on the table) and noticed there is a sea. Okay, great, a city by the sea. So, I continued and got to two ways, one right and one down. I went down, closer to the sea and found myself on the very busy road. Standing and watching where was I, I think I was getting familiar with that view. A passenger was walking towards me when I politely but nervously asked the question I'm asking myself the whole morning. The guy who was looking nothing much different than me and probably about 16 or something, said I look like him and passed by. Wow. Such wow. Such kindness and such good informations. I'm seriously overflown and blown by it.

 God, I hate it.

Sarcasm is my only friend right now.

God, I hate it. And still use it.

I continued walking like nothing happened. And of course, as I'm senile as fuck, I forgot to look up the clock in the house I have been in. What else did I fuck up?

As I was STILL walking down Inverteign Drive, I have only met cars and seagulls that flew away from me 'cause I'm not friendly at all. The environment seemed more and more familiar although I couldn't remember where did I see it before. Maybe in some past life not knowing was it real or not. But I stopped for a second. I wanted to think deeper and wake up my mind to exactly remember why do I sort of know this place but the name. As I was wasting time, or should I say, as time was wasting me, I was trying to find some inscriptions, buildings or any other places that could serve me as a clue. I couldn't find anything that would be like that. I continued further to the bus station and sat there for like 6 seconds when I read some inscription with the name Gary Bennett. Never heard of that guy though. But the last thing I read before I got up was a green inscription below where it said 'Broadmeadow Sports Centre'. The main thing that opened my mind, that made me jump of the seat and run like a crazy buffalo.

Yes, I was in Teignmouth. Right on the start of Broadmeadow Lane. Few meters away from the Centre where Muse was. Everything arranged together and I knew where to go, what year was and I probably knew what will happen. I couldn't believe what was happening to me but I just ran in the direction of the Centre as I followed my instinct.