08: disappointed

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Donghyuck's first reaction was to hide the bottle of Whiskey behind his back. But the strange man had already see him and Jeno drink from it so it was no use. Jeno quickly hid behind Donghyuck. He couldn't see through this man that looked too good to be nice.

Adults usually treated the four of them poorly.

Renjun gulped when he saw Jaemin trying to stop the man from entering. But he was feeling too weak to stand up. His heart beat less when the man had looked at him and immediately knew what Renjun was suffering from. At least he couldn't tell Renjun's Broken-Heart-Syndrome.

"Hyung, please don't look at them as if they're prey!" Jaemin hissed and tried to grab Do Hyunjin's arm but the man had walked through the hideout faster than Jaemin had expected. In a few steps, he was standing in front of Jeno and Donghyuck and had the bottle of Whiskey in his hands. 

"Both of you are minors. You shouldn't ruin your body like that." The man said in a calm voice before throwing the liquid into the little sink in the corner of the room. "Ya! You can't do that!"

Donghyuck had finally snapped out of his trance and ran over and pushed the man aside. "My booze!" He groaned and stared at Hyunjin with mean eyes. "That was so mean!" He yelled and Jaemin walked over to Donghyuck and pushed him away from Hyunjin. 

"Hyuck, please!" Jaemin begged. "He only means it well." Donghyuck pushed Jaemin away. "You owe me a bottle of Whiskey." Donghyuck bumped his chest again the one of the man who only chuckled. 

"Jaemin, who is this?" Jeno finally said while walking over to Renjun, who was shivering. Jeno sat down next to him and pulled the boy in his chest. Jaemin gulped seeing this and Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow at Jeno's behavior.

"I'm Do Hyunjin. I am a streetworker that looks out for fucked up kids. And to me y'all look like you're fucked up." - "Hyung!" Jaemin begged and looked the streetworker in the eye. "I know it was not okay of me to track you down, Jaemin. But I was worried that you got in trouble. We wanted to meet your mother, right?"

Jaemin scratched his nape and looked at his friends. "I sought help. I was afraid I would die if I didn't talk to someone grown about my family issues. I went to this youth office and Hyunjin took me under his wing. He let me sleep in the Counselling House when my Dad was too much." Jaemin confessed and looked at his friends.

Donghyuck looked at him but scoffed. Jeno didn't look up once and Renjun looked Jaemin directly in the eye. "Injun, do you understand my reasons?" Jaemin asked, feeling helpless. Renjun looked at his hands. "I can't die without living my life. Guys, do you understand?"

"Why did you show him our hideout? This is our safe haven!" Donghyuck yelled and looked Jaemin dead in the eye. "Where else can Renjun cry his heart out? Where else can Jeno be loved?" Donghyuck sighed. "I am disappointed that you brought someone like this to the only place we could be ourselves, Na Jaemin."