Once upon an Eiffel Tower

You can't run from your past. It's reality. The Truth.

"Remember that boy from when we were 10?" Lissa asked

"Yes, Kent" I started to tell what she was getting at but wouldn't dare say it aloud. It was too painful.

"Well, then you know what day it is. Remember Ms. Davy... Kent's mom"  Lissa said every word subtle, as if she was subconsciously asking if I was okay.

"How could I forget, we were like family." Key word: were.

She took a small breath before replying "I know hide, I know. But she was trying to get in contact with you so you could spend the day together, but she said your number changed and she doesn't have the new one, so..." She said the next words as if she was already sorry:"I sort of, kinda, gave her your address and said you could give it to her in person.." she let her words hang.

"Lissa! Well, I guess it's time we talk again. It's been 6 months." I said calmly.

"So you're not mad?" Lissa asked.

"A little, but I'll be okay." I sighed and quickly changed the subject."So,yesterday with you and Jace?"

"I love him."

"But you broke up." I said confused.

"And yet I'm still in love with him" she said.

"And does he know this. You guys have been on and off for 2 years. It's different if you just love him, but that 'in' means alot, you know that right?" I went ahead and let the cat out of the bag.

"I do know. I just can't tell him because he isn't a feelings person, and if I let myself get deeper into this and the feeling isn't mutual I'm gonna hurt, and I don't wanna get hurt." Lissa was on the brink of tears. I had no idea she was in this deep.

"You have to tell Jace to take your relationship seriously."

"Can you?"

"Me?" I wouldn't know what to say so I sat there.

"Well, you do owe me that favor."

I did owe her one. So I said: "Okay, okay, but if I do a good job you have to tell Jace how you really feel. Good?"

"Good, so I'll see you later"

"Of course" I replied to Lissa's words.

***

Grace stayed and watched and did whatever I wanted for an hour or two, in sympathy, but then sat off to take her shower.

"I'm gonna get a bath, kay?

"Ok." I said.

A couple minutes later there was a knock on the door.

I took a breath then opened it."Laura."

"Hey, its been a while" Ms. Laura Davy said.

I led her to my room. And settled her in.

"Want anything to drink?" I said politely.

"No thank you, I just ate. So, what's this offer I've been hearing about?" She was trying to lighten the mood and apparently was failing horribly at it.

"Well, somehow when I took the test to skip a grade I did so well I graduated. I can come back to graduation at the end of the year and attend the ceremony. Ms. Whit sent me some college applications to a couple of good colleges for me, since Harvard wasn't 'good enough' for me as she said. I was accepted into some college in France, into their Intellectual program... with a full scholarship and I can bring Gracia since she's technically my only family not in a jail cell because we are legally sisters. But I don't know if I'll take it."