Once upon a Jace

When we are at our strongest we fly. When we are at our weakest we fly. But when we give up, it is then that we fall.

As I sat at the coffee shop where I was supposed to meet Jace. I frustratingly looked at my phone. He was 8 minutes late and I had to work in an hour. I also had to pack for France which I left for in four days. We had to meet at 6:30 because Jace still had to go to school at 7:45, and I had other plans.

The bells on the door clanged. I looked back to see an older woman struggling to push her stroller through the door and a rugged man following her. I smiled as I took a glance at the baby who couldn't have been over two. She had on white T-shirt and pink bib, with pink pants, but the icy blue eyes she had were nearly transparent. They were mesmerising jewels dancing. I hoped for that one day.
I turned around to a familiar voice:
"She's cute."

"Jace?" I was surprised at how gentle his voice was.

"Hey, you wanted to converse." He said proud of himself.

"Good boy Jace, you used a big boy word." I said surpressing my laugh.

"Ha, ha. Laugh it up. I got a new tutor." He said explaining himself.

"Oh yeah, who?"

"Gracie actually."

"Oh." I said wondering why my best friend didn't mention anything to me.

"I asked her not to tell anyone, not even you." He said, realizing what I was thinking.

"Umm..." I said unsure of how to start. "We need to talk... about Lissa."

"Is she ok?" He said, his tone changing to serious.

#1 ✓: he cares for her I said to myself.

"Oh, she's fine. How are you?" I said hinting at the breakup.

Lucky he got it."I still miss her."

"She misses you to. In fact I came to ask you a question."

"What?" Jace was intrigued. If there was any chance Lissa still cared about him, he wanted to know.

"Be honest, how do you feel about Lissa. And I don't want you to hold back anything. If there's any chance to fix this you have to be honest with me." I put it all on the table.

Jace took a deep sigh before beginning. "I love it when we hold hands. Its like electricity up my spine. And I love to make her smile because it's so beautiful, it. And when we kiss it's magical. I...I-I love her." His eyes let out a single tear. It was a sight to see. Jace Ammil actually crying. "More than anything. She's my only weakness. And being without her hurts deep down. And I can't think straight. When I'm with her it's like I'm in heaven. And I need her because when she's gone, I feel empty and powerless to everyone." He sniffled and then looked at me. "I'm in love with Lissa, that's how I feel about her."

I was smiling. "Lissa you can come out now." I said, making it obvious that this was a set up.

"Jace?" Lissa popped up from her hiding. "You love me?"

"Yeah I do." His face lit up at the sight of her.

"Let's do this right then. Jace Ammil I have always loved you. I was always jealous of any girl who even looked at you. I want a serious relationship. I am sick of this playfulness. I need you, this you. Not quarterback or party Jace, buy the one that is standing right in front of me who swears up and down that he loves me for me. That I will always be enough for him no matter what. I need that Jace. I need him to be my real boyfriend. And I need you to tell me you love me love me again."

"Done. Lissa Tulin, I love you for infinity." He grabbed her by her waist and kissed her.

"You two get a room." I said playfully.

Lissa and Jace thanked me on my way out as I headed to court (my job).