Once upon a classroom

Some people are life changing, while I, am changing life.

It smells like wood. Were the first words to come into my head, as I entered the, everything but bland, classroom. My head spun at the rainbows of colors. The room had the whole spectrum there...and more. A girl walked up to me with a measuring tape and fabrics all over. She was a very optimistic person and, by her appearance, I could easily blame her for the burning sensation in my eyes.

"You're pretty-" I shot her a startled look. I also gave her a silent sign, which she ignored, to take notice to my personal space. "Oh my lordie. You must be so confused. I'm Lilah. Genius slash international fashionista." She shot her hands up as she said the words 'international fashionista' and I found it odd. I shrugged then widened my eyes as I came out of my thoughts and looked at my new acquaintance.

"Why are you measuring my knees?" I said. She had now stood up to my height. "And what am I doing here?"

"You must be lost if you don't know what you're doing here." He made a gesture for me to shake his hand.

"I'm not doing that." I said.

"Oh, I...am Chad." He made a motion as if talking about the entirety of the room. "...and this, is the French Academy of Arts."

  "My goodness. I really am lost then." I said clearing the air, as the three of us burst into laughter.

  "Buenos dias, chica. What do we have here?" An older lady approached me.

  "Excuse me." I said.

  "Ooooh, I like her." Another guy (who was obviously gay) said, also, with measuring tapes and fabrics, but his were on a fashionable belt with pockets and holders. "I'm getting a latino vibe from you, a little bit of a nerd...Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I can't imagine how that must feel."

  Did he just read my mind? "Did-"

  "Yes. Don't worry, your past is with me." He paused before going on. "Psyche Minks. I know, ironic. Good luck, by the way."

  "With what?" I asked, completely confused and lost.

  "Your search, you'll find him." He patted me on the shoulder before walking away. I smiled at him reassuringly. It'd been a long time since someone nice did that. It made me feel good.

  "Lilah Minks." The fabric girl said. Siblings.

  "Half-siblings, actually." Psyche said.

  "Stop!" I paused to calm myself. "Doing that!"

  "Jinka, creative instructor. Even creativity needs order." The older lady introduced herself also.

  May I remind you that all these people are french, except the teacher, she was Latino. In the corner, which I had a perfect veiw of, was some Ed Sheeran looking dude with shaggy hair, that just barely touched his shoulders, and an accoustic guitar. He seemed to be tuning it and in deep thought.

  Sheila was painting in the opposite corner. Sheila was my guide. I'd met her days earlier, and knowing that I just got here on my own, I'm pretty sure there are better guides. She is an art prodigy, and the least organized person I know.

"Oh, dearie. I completely forgot." Sheila smiled at me with sympathy in her eyes. I couldn't help but soften a little. Well, at least she has one talent.

  "It's okay. Why don't I go talk to Ed Sheeran over there." I said my eyes darting to the corner. He looked mysterious, and I was intrigued.

  "I'm sorry, Eddy who?" Sheila said as I just sat there and rolled my eyes. French people don't listen to Ed Sheeran. "But, Antoine might be who you are talking about." Antoine, a name.

  I smiled as I approached him. "Hi. Oh, french. Okay, umm." I finally get to speak in french. "Bonjour, Antoine, je suis nouveau ici, mais..."

  "Your French is cute. Not bad, but I speak English just fine.

  "Oh, I must sound so...stupid." I slap my palm to my head before thinking. "Ow."

  "Why would you hit yourself?" Antoine remarked.

  "I don't know." I thought of why I came over initially. "Change of subject. I'm Hidey Munéz."

  "Antoine Martin." He replied. For a second we looked into each other's eyes, but, it was breif.

  "So, what do we do here?" I asked. The question had been on my mind for weeks. In my head I was thinking: What the heck am I doing here?

  "Create"