Chapter 2

Lunch time for me was the best and worst time of the day. 

It was great, because I wasn't in class, listening to batty, old teachers trying to teach me crap I didn't need to know. I could just sit and eat, listen to my music and not give a damn.

But there was a problem. All the other people in my school were doing the exact same thing around me. And I hated them all. 

People wondered around, chatting with friends, having a wonderful time. I didn't have any friends. This was by choice mostly. And also because people thought I was weird.

I sat at a table towards the back of the cafertia, where no one could bother me. I could just sit and eat my lunch. But it also had the perfect view of the rest of the cafeteria, so I could just watch the other people wondering around. Like an animal documentary.

For instance, I was watching Natalie Porter, the sluttiest girl in school, basically give a guy a lap dance. 

I take it back. Animals would not be so disgusting to watch.

She was wearing a denim miniskirt and a pink tank top, that the guy was intent on pulling up. I didn't understand how the other people at the table could eat when these two were pretty much having sex beside them.

I scanned the rest of the lunch room, and my eye caught Evan's. He was staring right at me, smirking his head off. One day I was going to kick that idiot in the balls. 

He stood up quickly, earning a few confused looks from his friends, and made his way over to my table. I simply leaned back in my chair, crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to come to me.

"Laila, Laila, Laila. Sitting here by yourself?

I gave him a flat look. "No, I'm sitting here with my invisible friends." I glanced around the empty table. "Everyone say hello."

Evan's smile grew larger. "So she does speak."

I rolled my eyes. "You know perfectly I can speak. I just choose not to."

"I thought you were just too in awe of my hotness." If there was one thing Evan was known for more than being an asshole, it was his huge ego.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know what you think the rest of us see Evan, but you're only hot in your own head."

He licked his lips and I gave him a disgusted look. "I know you want me Laila."

"Yeah I want you to leave me alone. Now go away before you lower the IQ of the room any more."

He glared. "Listen bitch-"

But I quickly cut him off. "Don't you get it? No one listens to you. No one cares."

He was about to speak again, but then the bell rung. I shot him a smile before jumping out of my seat and rushing from the room. I got a few steps out into the corridor when I realised what class I had next. Gym.

I groaned out loud, earning a few looks from people standing around. Pouting, I stomped to the girls' changing rooms. I hated gym. The whole concept sucked. 

I just stood beside my gym locker, contemplating skipping class. It wasn't the first time. While I didn't mind training or going for runs, the whole concept of changing in front of other girls and throwing balls at people just didn't make sense.

Plus I was a non-conformist.

Other girls started wondering in, and I just stood there. I got weird looks again. This was a fairly regular thing for me. People looked at me like I was crazy.  For all they knew, I could have been contemplating the very existence of humanity. Or plotting to kill them all.