Confession gone wrong

Ethan stormed through the door out of breath. Hunching over, he held his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

"Did you run?" I stood up, concerned for him "what the fuck is going on?"

"First off, Make me a promise.. and also sit down" he said standing back up and walking me back to my chair

"It's that bad I have to sit down?!"

"Just shhhh" Ethan hissed at me quickly. Sweat was pouring down the sides of his cheeks. His face was bright red...

"Just listen to this..." he said pulling his phone out.

He pressed play on a recording and I instantly heard Jess's voice. Then her and Ethan arguing back and forth.

"What does she mean?!" I said, Trying to process what she's even saying

"I'll play it again" Ethan said, hitting record over again

"I don't understand.." I looked at Ethan, confused "what does she mean?"

He turned away from me and paced back and forth.

"Ethan?"

"The baby is mine" he pointed at his chest hard

"The baby is yours? What baby?" I laughed, What the fuck does he mean?

"Jess and Diego's baby..."

"How the fuck could Jess and Diego's baby be your baby?" I was puzzled, what is Ethan getting at?

"The baby isn't Diego's.. didn't you listen.. cmon Lainey put two and two together"

"Ethan.." my eyes were wide, and my heart was beating out of my chest "you guys are in love?"

"No Lainey. No"

"Then I'm confused I'm so confused"

"She wants Diego.. and-"

"And what?! What?!"

"And... I wanted you..."

My blood was boiling at this point. The room began to spin.

"You need to tell Diego, NOW"

I started to walk out of the room. I was going to tell Diego. He was going to marry this fucking girl.

"Lainey please" Ethan grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him

"Jess wants me dead. She knows I'm in the limelight especially in LA but I know she will do anything to keep her secret.. I don't think you're safe anymore"

"Dead?! She wouldn't do that Ethan. Is this some kind of joke?" I shouted at him, and he tried to get me to lower my voice

"I will prove it to you.. that recording was only half of it.."

"Who are you? You are so fucking evil Ethan.. you RUINED Diego's life. Get away from me!!" I pushed him back and he stumbled

"I honestly don't believe a word you say, it's all bullshit"

"Lainey. Please... "

There's no way Jess would murder. There's no way Ethan was being honest. There's just no way, and I need to stay the fuck away from him.

"Stay the fuck away from me"

🎬🎬🎬🎬