Chapter 7

In the morning, Yusrah went back to her home. Masoud was sat on the couch watching a football match when Yusrah came in.

     "Where have you been?" he asked. "Out with my friend." she answered and took a seat on the opposite couch, then brought out her phone.

     "Why didn't you tell me you were sleeping out?"

     "Do I have to?" she asked back, typing swiftly on her phone and not sparing him a glance.

     "We're in the middle of a conversation, can you not tap your phone?" he asked, annoyed.

     "I'm in the middle of using my phone, can you not start a conversation?" she cocked a brow.

     "Don't make this hard for me." he said.

     "Uh huh?" she giggled at something on her phone.

     "Yusrah." He said softly. She ignored him and kept on giggling at her phone.

     "Look, I'm sorry about the day before..."

     "Oh my world, you can't be kidding me right now. I love Priyanka so much!" she chuckled.

     "Yusrah Muhammad!" he snapped, getting pissed at her attitude.

     "Oh you were saying?" she asked, then giggled again.

     "I love this video, damn."

     Masoud got up and snatched the phone from her hand.

     "What's your problem?" she asked calmly.

     "I'm sorry about the other day." he said, looking down.

     "Why are you apologizing? I thought we weren't husband and wife." she replied dryly.

     "I know I said all that but sleeping with another woman was wrong of me, that I know." he said sincerely.

     "It's alright Masoud, I don't have a problem with it. You can do whatever you want." she replied. "Can I have my phone?" she stretched out her palm.

     He nodded and just as he was about to give it to her, Adnan's call came in. He looked down on the screen and back at her.

     "Who's Adnan?" he asked, handing her the phone.

     "Nobody." she replied and picked up. "Hello?"

      "I'm fine, how are you?" she answered after he spoke.

     "Sure, I'm not busy. Where do you want to meet?" she asked.

     "Alright, I'll get ready." she nodded even though he couldn't see her.

     He said something which made her giggle and her cheeks flushed. "See you soon." she said and hung up.

     "Where are you going?" Masoud asked her. "Out." she replied.

     "To?" he asked again.

     "I don't see how that is any of your business." she said.

     "You're not leaving this house." he frowned.

     Yusrah ignored him and walked upstairs to her room. She put on a beautiful gown she got the previous week from Jaymeelah's designs.

     When she was ready, she called Adnan. He pulled up to the front of her house and she went outside to meet him.

     "Yusrah!" Masoud called her as she was about to get into the car.

     "Yes?" she asked, staring at him.