Chapter Three

After spending two hours with Harry, Zayn and I had to go back. We walked back and went inside. I hated it there so much.

Lexi came and cut our bracelets off. That's when I felt Zayn's eyes on my wrist. I was confused at first, but then remembered all the scars. The biggest and most noticeable scars were the ones from right before I left and my attempt at suicide.

Lexi walked us back to our room and locked the door from the outside. That's another thing: Your not allowed out unless someone unlocks the door for you. There aren't any windows in our rooms. All there is is two beds, a drawer, a broken lamp, and a bathroom that was very small. All it had was a toilet and a half mirror. This place is pretty much ancient. It was built in the 1920's as a jail, but the bars were taken out and doors were put on. They installed camera's in the ceilings when camera's first were invented and they've been upgrading it ever since.

But it was still old. Zayn and I's room was one of the first rooms built when this hell hole was created. That's why the wiring for the camera's is so bad. There's a spot behind my bed where the wall is cracked and you can see the inside of the wall, the mirror in the bathroom is cracked in half, the other piece was used by someone who used to stay here. Lexi told me they killed themselves or something. The tiles are pretty much all cracked. There's a spot with no tile at all. So yeah, this place is pretty creepy and scary, but it's all I have.

When we got back to the room, I sat down on my bed and looked over at Zayn. He was going through his black bag again. I wondered what he was always looking for in there. I honestly didn't want to know. I saw him take something out, open it, smile at it, and then put it back.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied, sighing.

"Tell me."

"Fine..it's just a picture of me and my sister when we were kids. I found it a few years ago and I keep it in my emergency bag."

"Emergency bag?"

"Yeah, it just has some money, my clothes, a water bottle, a band-aid, and the picture. It's kind of old." I nodded and took my bag out from under my bed.

"I have stuff in here, too. This is me when I was, like, five with Niall on Halloween." I gave Zayn the picture. He looked at it and smiled and laughed.

"That's cute." He handed me back the picture and took his out.

"This is of me and my sister." I smiled at the picture and then looked up at him.

"Your hair is almost the same way." He smiled again.

"Yeah, I've always liked it this way."

"It looks good."

He nodded. "Is your hair naturally black?" He asked.

"Yeah, surprisngly it is. That was one of the first things Niall asked me when he met me." I said, smiling a little.

Zayn smiled. "Aw." I realized then he had the prettiest smile. I wondered why Niall never mentioned him before. I mean, Niall never really mentioned his friends. Except for one of his best friends, Louis. Louis was great at making me smile. He was fun and energetic and hyper and adorable.

"Hey, do you know Louis Tomlinson? He's like Niall's best friend."

Zayn nodded. "Yeah. He's...something." I laughed a little.

"Yeah, but he's a sweetheart." Zayn nodded and smiled.

Suddenly, the only light we had in our room flickered and it turned off. I sighed.

"So, yeah, this happens a lot." I said.

"Yeah, I heard about the lighting problems in here."

"Yeah. And me being terrified of the dark doesn't help."

"Your scared of the dark?"

I nodded, even though he probably couldn't see. I heard bed springs and then footsteps. Then, I felt the spot on my bed next to me weigh down. I realized Zayn was next to me. I looked down and blushed when I felt him put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"Don't be afraid." He whispered. His voice was giving me goosebumps and I think he noticed because he pulled me even closer.

"Are you cold?" I wasn't cold at all, but I loved being close to him. I wanted to be closer, so I nodded.

"Come here." I felt him pull me onto his lap and I smiled.

"This okay?" He asked.

"It's fine." I said, laying on him a little.

I was honestly having a great time. I didn't want the lights to come back on. But why? I knew what was happening and it wasn't good. I was falling for Zayn.