The funeral

When he pulled up in his car he was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were there. So many people cared for her, yet she lived a life thinking no one did. He didn't feel like talking when he got out the car, so he went and stood by the entrance. He could feel the tears that threatened to fall down his face. He could hear the non mistakable voice of her daughter Emma. She knew now that her mummy had died and gone to heaven. Johnny had come to comfort his daughter, even though she wasn't entirely sure what was happening.

The doors opened and he was the first to enter. He took a seat at the front, closest to her. The memories of the voicemail echoed in his head as he tried to remember his speech. The majority of the funeral was a blur, except for when he had to walk up to the wooden stand next to her coffin. It was beautiful. Jac would've loved it.

"Jac Naylor...where do I begin?" His voice was slow and filled with emotion. "There was a time when her little rants would send me borderline tachycardic," a few people chuckled. "But as time moved on, I could see what they really meant. She was scared. Scared that she wouldn't be respected. She had to be seen as an authority figure, the person who always knew what to do. She had to be the best. She didn't make room for fun in her life. She didn't socialise. The only thing close to that was her beautiful mini Naylor. She did all this because of her past. Her childhood. It should've been filled with happy family memories and holidays. But hers wasn't...I know that she wouldn't want me to go into that, so I won't. But what I do know is how much we all underestimated her. She was kind, when she wanted to be, she could be funny and she could even be sensitive. She was an outstanding surgeon but most importantly, she was a mother. A proud mother. Who wanted nothing more than her child to be safe. And I adore that. I look up to her, even now. Because I loved her. She loved me. I loved her for who she was...
Time wasn't kind to us. We didn't have long. But I look back on the  time we did have and you know what? They were some of the best times of my life. I came into work happy. I didn't realise it at the time, but it was because of her. She made so many of us happy and we didn't even know it! It's like there's a piece of us missing. We will never get a chance to see that piece again. No one will ever replace her. No one can." He walked over to her coffin and placed a hand on top.
" If only we'd realised sooner." He bent down and placed a kiss on the box containing the love of his life.

" I love you Jac, and I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I'll miss you. Goodbye,my love."