six - dangerous revelations.

—————

ALL SHE FEELS IS UNBEARABLE pain.

but, even not being fully conscious, she knows that she needs to get the hell out of the hospital before the doctors realize what she is, or tries to keep her there longer for more observations or tests.

both lydia and lexi sit on opposite sides of aurora's hospital bed, squeezing her hands in worry and concern.

after becoming much more awake, aurora decides to finally open her eyes.

she squints at the bright light in the room, considering that she feels a terrible aching and throbbing headache beginning to form.

when she can finally see more clearly, aurora notices her older sister sitting by her side.

"lexi? w—what're you doing here?" she croaks out, confused on why her hateful sister is sitting beside her, holding onto one of her hands.

"i know that i've been horrible to you. but, what you said the night i approached you, got me thinking that i need to try to be a better sister that will look out for you. now, enough about me, are you alright?" lexi explains, a worried expression on her face.

"oh, y—yeah. i'm fine." she whispers, still in shock as she winces—unnoticeable by her family—and slowly sits up.

"you don't look fine." lydia says this time, giving her big sister a worried look, but aurora doesn't answer as she sees someone in the room—someone that she never ever wanted to see again.

"dad? what the hell are you doing here?" aurora incredulously questions as lexi helps her up, putting her arm around her shoulder, so that she can stand properly.

"aurora, i know you don't want to see me at the moment—" before her father can even finish, she interrupts him with an angry expression.

"—no shit, sherlock." she mumbles, refusing to look him in the eye.

natalie gives her daughter a look that says she needs to stay quiet and she sighs and turns back towards him.

"fine, continue." she says, gesturing for him to explain himself.

"i—i heard what happened and i just wanted to make sure that you were okay." he finishes.

"well, as it's hell to see you here, you don't have to worry about me at all, because i'm leaving." aurora announces sharply with a glare as she turns to her mother.

"mom. please, go sign me out. i have work to do. and i need to talk to deaton about...something." she orders, quickly using deaton as an excuse.

she gives aurora her normal worried mothering expression. "but, you still need your rest." she states, brows raising in concern. 

yeah, like she needs her worrying more about her.

"mom, trust me. i'm fine. now, please, go sign me out. i'll get a ride of my own to deaton's clinic." aurora says with a tired look.

"but—" she starts again, but aurora interrupts her, once again.

"—i said i'm fine, and it's final."

natalie finally sighs in defeat, before dragging lexi and lydia with her, while aurora tries to balance herself with only her own help.

it's silent between aurora's father and herself—it certainly isn't a comfortable silence, it's more like an uncomfortable and awkward silence.