twenty-nine - grieving loved ones.

—————

TW: MENTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH AND ATTEMPTS!!

THE TIME THAT AURORA'S TAKEN—more like her sacrificing herself—goes agonizingly slow for her.

but, for everyone else, it all goes by too fast while they try to figure out how to get her back.

so, while aurora spends her time anxiously waiting for the inevitable to happen, stiles and scott are stood outside the high school, standing in front of aiden.

scott's face is filled with anxiety and fear, while stiles has a stern look on his face—both of them are feeling different things for aurora; stiles with a protective best friend manner and scott with the worry and concern of a brother.

"you really just expect us to believe you didn't have anything to do with jennifer taking aurora?" stiles sneers with a deadly glare, his protective instincts over aurora even more heightened than ever with his paranoia combined with it.

aiden glares back. "we saw her take her together!"

stiles rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "just because you were with me then to witness it, doesn't mean you didn't set a trap for her to be taken. maybe that's why you pulled her aside—because you knew that she would come to lydia's rescue."

scott sighs in mere irritation of his best friend and gives him a look, all from noticing the paranoia in his words.

aiden rolls his eyes and shakes his head again, weirdly feeling the need to prove that he didn't have anything to do with this. "it wasn't me!"

both scott and stiles become startled by his defensive words, making aiden sigh and shake his head again. "look, i know you can't believe a word i say. especially with me and my brother being in the alpha pack and the part we played in what happened to boyd and erica," aiden sighs again when he sees the anger in both of their eyes—they may have not been very close to either erica or boyd, but they clearly meant a lot to the pack, especially to aurora.

"if i could, i'd go back and fix everything that happened with erica and boyd. but, i can't. but, that's not the point. the point is, i didn't intend on any traps. i genuinely just wanted to apologize to aurora." aiden explains, shockingly quiet with his statement, almost as if he feels ashamed of himself.

both stiles and scott look at each other with confused and shocked expressions on their faces.

when neither of them speaks after this, aiden rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "whatever." he mumbles, going back to that cold act of his and turns around to walk away, leaving both boys more confused than ever.

"is it just me or...?" stiles starts to ask with a puzzled expression on his face, before scott turns to face him with a concerned one and finishes for him, "did he actually sound and seem human? yeah, i think so."

the two boys watch aiden walk away, still in complete shock.

stiles lets out a heavy sigh and crosses his arms. "do you believe him? that he was being genuine?"

scott doesn't hesitate. "yeah. i know he's on their side, but i'm starting to wonder if we can get him and ethan to do the right thing."

stiles, one to always argue defensively, nods and agrees with him. "yeah, me too."

then, after another second, stiles lets out a deep sigh and turns to face scott. "you know the alpha pack and aiden isn't our biggest issue right now."

scott sighs and nod, his face forming into an expression of both stress and concern. "yeah."