+o2.+

Most of the people in Lima were mostly wearing white. Women in white long dress and their hair pulled back in pretty French braids. Men wore dark pants with a puffy white shirt. It was nice but Keiran defiantly looked like he stuck out because he wore mostly all black. I had my arms crossed as I watched women in traditional Quechua clothing’s dance down the streets to music with big smiles on their faces, obviously enjoying the attention from their colorful clothing’s. They also stuck out from the crowd. 

I watched in admiration as some of the crowd joined in the streets to dance to both Spanish and Quechua music. It was so different from festival I’ve been to back home, it made them look so mundane while here it seemed so fun.

“Are you finish?” Keiran asked, obviously bored.

I looked up at him with a hard look, “You can leave if you want, I’m not forcing you to stay.”

He chuckled, leaning up from the small grocery store wall, “I have seen this festival for the last twenty years, it’s the same old things. Laetitia dyed in prison from smallpox and her people raided the church they had her so they could give her a traditional Quechua parting. The Spaniards just kept that part out because they didn’t want to look like fools so they made the story more interesting as to she just disappeared.”

I scoffed, “Well she should still be celebrated, she was a good role model for her people.” I turned to him, “It’s been an hour. Goodbye Keiran.”

When I turned to quickly go into the street of people, Keiran quickly rushed in front of me, “Ah, Ash, according to my watch we still have four more minutes.” he said and I breathed heavily out. He held his hand out, “Vamos! The crowd is waiting!” he said and I shook my head but he reached down and took my hand, pulling me out into the crowd of dancing people behind the women in colorful clothing.

I awkwardly walked forward as Keiran freely and confidentially moved beside me to dance. Women around were twirling their long skirts around and it was hard to see how their feet moved so I just moved my waist around, feeling more awkward. And it’s not like I could wave my skirt of my dress around since it was only to my knees.

I reached out and grabbed Keiran jacket, pulling him out of the crowd, “Okay, times up. I’m leaving—“

Keiran grabbed my arms as I turned and I groaned as he turned me back, “Hold on, Ash, we’re not finish. Come on, I promise you won’t regret it.” he said, speaking loudly and I could hear Portuguese accent in his voice as his voice got loud because of the crowds.

“Why?” I groaned out. “Don’t you have other she-wolves in your pack to bother?”

He chuckled, “None of them as pretty as you.”

I scoffed as my arms crossed my chest, looking to my right since that was such a cliché line. Of course he would say that but sweet words weren’t going work on me. I saw someone in the crowd dancing down the street but I could still spot him out from the crowd. Of course I could, I would never miss Rafael face. Never, not even in a million years. My heart again speeded up with excitement as I saw him but it quickly stopped as I saw the same girl he was with earlier next to him. She looked like an Angel with her white long strapless dress, lacy around the skirt and fit perfectly around her bodice.

“What?” Keiran asked.

I turned back to him before looking the other way and quickly speeded down that way since I didn’t want Rafael to see me. I could smell Keiran stalk behind me without even looking, but I didn’t care. I just cared about getting away before Rafael could see me. I walked around a corner into an alley which was dark but I could see. Not having the strength to walk because that’s how much it hurt, I leaned against the wall and pressed the palm of my hands to my eyes, breathing heavily out of annoyance since it felt like I wanted to cry.