+o6.+

I sat up on the guest room bed when I woke up and stretched my arms and legs. I scratched an itch in on my head as I got up and walked out of the room. I groaned when it was surprisingly bright in the beach house. I had closed the curtains in my room and hide under my blankets. I was never a morning person.

I made a growling noise and breathed heavily out my nose. I smelt something delicious though and I leaned against the rail of the banister and looked into the kitchen to see Kasi cooking. She was humming happily to herself as she flipped what I can guess be ham. I made a look that if she saw, she knew I wouldn’t like her but I quickly changed it and made my way downstairs.

I went over to the fridge and opened it. I grabbed a water bottle and opened it. I took the cap off and chugged it as I closed the fridge. Kasi turned her head a little to peak at me but when she realize I had my eyes on her, she quickly turned her head around.

“So,” I said in English as I walked over to the counter and humped onto it. I changed to Spanish, “Happy to be getting married?”

She turned a little and smiled, “Yes, I’ve been thinking of becoming a wife since I was a little girl. I always knew my father had an idea of a husband who would be perfect and I’m glad he choose Rafael.”

“Chose?” I questioned. “So it’s arranged?”

She shrugged, “You can say. We could have said no, but I think the moment I laid my eyes on Rafael I knew he was the one who I want spend my life with.” she said, sighing happily as her hand was placed over her chest. “Rafael was happy to, I know he knows I will be a good perfect wife.”

Hmm, how sweet? Note of sarcasm.

“When did you and Rafael become friends?” she asked.

“When him and his father came to America and stayed at my house.” I said and she didn’t change her smiling sweet face. I almost wanted to punch her. “I was…dealing with things and he was a good guy. He helped me get through some things.” I had to add, “We got real close, so close I thought I was in love with him. 

I saw her eye inch and jaw clench but she kept that smile on her face, “Oh?”

“Yeah.” I said. I shrugged my right shoulder, “But I was fourteen, almost fifteen. I was young and believed in many things. Four years passed and we’re still good friends.”

“Well, that’s good.” she said, ending our short conversation by turning around to the stove and continued cooking. What was I turning into? One of those bad guys trying to stealing her fiancée? Why do I have to be so jealous? I didn’t mean to be rude and put in her mind—oh what am I kidding? Of course I was and a little part of me felt bad. But that was a little part.

“Oh. Do you mind getting your butt off the counter?” Kasi asked, still facing the stove. She sounding still in high spirts, like nothing bothered her.

I heard feet coming down the stairs and both Kasi and I looked at the staircase to see Rafael coming down them. We both smiled at him and he nodded as he looked at both of us. He came right over towards me so I smiled up at him and I saw Kasi in the corner of my eyes frown.

“You’re awake already.” he said.

I nodded, “Hungry.” I said as I rubbed my stomach.

“Kasi makes good food, she’ll be happy to make you something.” he said as he looked at her and she forced a big smile on her face, nodding. He looked back down at me and spoke in English, “See. So I thought since as my best lady, we should go find you something to wear for the wedding.”

“Really?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.

“You can get anything you want, I don’t care.” he said.