+o5.+

I wanted to scoff, but I held back the urge, “Are you sure we can’t Keiran?” I asked, but never looked away from Rafael. “What makes him so special?”

“He just is.” he said. “Go back home, kid.”

Rafael looked at me just for a moment before turning around and he walked away. He turned his head around just once to glance at me quickly before hurrying down road back into the city. Tears stung my eyes but I blinked them away as I turned back to Keiran.

“You actually knew him, didn’t you?” he asked and I opened my mouth to speak, but I closed it and lowered my eyes to look at the ground. “Was he the one who you were going to see later?” I nodded my head and looked back up at him. “So who are you?” he asked. “Ash? Or Courtney?”

“Does it matter?” I asked him. “One way or another, she’s the same person. I never lied to you about anything but my name.”

“Why?” he asked.

I shrugged, “So what? I didn’t know who you were, I didn’t want you to know my name.”

“So who are you really?” he asked coldly as his arms crossed over his chest.

“I’m am who I am.” I said. “I’m a mutt who came here to come see someone and I ended up here with you. Why is it so important?” I asked coldly. He turned around and I followed him inside, “What? Now you’re going to ignore me because I just lied about my name? Everything else I told was true, Keiran.” He went into the room and grabbed my bag, throwing them to me. I scoffed as I dropped them, “Why are you so mad?”

“You lied!” he yelled, making me jump. “And for what? Why did you want him to lie?”

“I was scared.” I said and he snorted. “I was, his safety is important.”

“Of course it is! Because he’s a Nephilim, their all special.” he said. “And how do you know him at all? How’d you two meet?”

“That’s none of your business.” I said and he stared at me for a moment.

“You said you met him four years ago. Senka Dashwood was killed four years ago because he was trying to have all the Nephilims in the world. That Nephilim and his father left Peru for the whole summer. You said you met him in the summer. Is this all adding up correctly because he hasn’t left since he gotten back and I have never seen you before that.” he said.

I glared at him, getting annoyed by him yelling at me.

“Answer me! How do you know him?”

“No!” I yelled at him. “You don’t need to know why because it doesn’t matter! I’m leaving the both of you here later tonight. I want to just forget the both of you!”

“Oh yeah, go back to being a caged up animal.” he scoffed and I glared at him. “I’ve tried to help you, but it seems like you’re already been tamed by Mortals.”

I ran my hands threw my hair, “I just wish you would stop saying that!”

“It’s true!” he said. He walked up to me and we glared at each other, “How stupid of me to think you could be by my stand forever.”

My eyes widen, clearly caught off guard, “Huh?”

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening his back open, “Lycans choose their mates and I thought you would be perfect to take that role to help me lead the pack.”

I blinked, staring at him for a moment, “Me?”

He made a sound between a snort and a laugh, “Who else is in this room?”